ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How do I fix my gibberish font in Firefox?

(1/1)

superboyac:
A few weeks ago, i started noticing some gibberish font showing up in Firefox in some places.  Here's an example:

Also, on Engadget, none of the Post titles show up.  All of the titles are blank, but if I move my mouse over it, I get the color changing mouseover effect, except it's just one big colored rectangle.  I must have done something to screw it up but I have no idea what it is.  Any advice?

Deozaan:
Is it possible you manually changed the page encoding? e.g. from UTF-8 to ASCII or something like that?

AndyM:
What happens if you change themes?

superboyac:
Man, I can't solve this issue for the life of me.  It's really becoming a problem now.  Engadget titles don't appear at all.  Most of the headline captions on ESPN don't display at all.  It shows fine in IE and Chrome, but not in Firefox.  I completely uninstalled FF just now, and reinstalled it from scratch...same thing.  What could possibly be doing this?

superboyac:
Also, when the font is all gibberish or invisible, if i copy it and paste it in something else like a text editor, it shows up fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version