ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Easier way to make a WINPE 2.0 DISC

<< < (3/4) > >>

4wd:
Hello 4wd, that was really generous of you.-hulkbuster (November 06, 2010, 02:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

No problem.

Can you provide same guide on how to work with Winbuilder i.e., to make a WINPE DISC.
--- End quote ---

For Win7PE, OK - give me a day.

Hope i am not asking too much of your time.
--- End quote ---

I'm rich in time :)

4wd:
For this exercise we'll be creating 7PE that uses bbLean as its shell, download it from the link in the first post here.

The reasons:
1) It's a small download, ~58MB - might not mean much to you but since I only have 512k ADSL I'm not going to download something that requires the WAIK, (1.7GB = 11 hours), if I don't need it.
2) It boots fast and looks good.
3) It WORKS - WinBuilder project servers seem to have gone downhill since the last time I got into this.  Now it's better to grab a project from the forum but it's a mess trying to find the latest versions of what, (for Win7PEs at least, I'll give LiveXP a go later).

Extract the archive into a directory, (not a root directory, you'll get an error when you build):

Run WinBuilder and select your source path for Win7 DVD, (x86 or x64), by hitting the Source button, (I've selected P: where an image of Win7HP x86 is mounted), and then press Play:

After a few minutes you'll end up with an ISO:

And to prove it worked, here it is running in VirtualBox:

If you get an error saying unable to change drive then you are running WinBuilder from a root directory.

If you get an error saying unable to mount source images, (WIMs), then check that you are not running WinBuilder from a root directory, reboot the PC and try running again.

4wd:
Continuing with bbLean 7PE.

Now to create a plugin for SoftPerfect Network Scanner.

Netscan isn't a fully portable program it has system dependencies which we'll need to integrate.

Download netscan.exe and archive it into netscan.7z:

The easiest way to create a plugin is to find one that's similar and adapt it, in this case copy the file Apps\Accessories\HxD.script to Apps\Network and rename it to Netscan.script:

Run WinBuilder and you'll get the following picture.  Highlight Apps\Network\HxD v1.7.7.0 and click the Edit button (1):

Click on the Description button and edit as follows (the logo is straight from the SoftPerfect website):

Click on the Attachments button, highlight the HxDen.7z file and click the Remove File(s) button, answer Yes:

Click the Add.. button and then add the netscan.7z file you created:

Click on the Source button, delete the [Download] section and change the ones marked with * as follows, click the Save button then the Close button:

You should end up back on the main page, change the Start menu folder to Network and tick the Create QuickLaunch Shortcut as follows:

Tick the Addons\Additional Files entry and then click the Open Source Directory button:

Navigate down to Windows\System32 and copy the following files into it:
NOTE: Copy x86 files if you're building an x86 PE, or x64 files if you're building a x64 PE.  Actually now I've thought about it, since netscan.exe is a 32bit program probably the x86 binaries are all that's needed.

Now build the PE and it should give you this:

It LIVES!!

EDIT: Attached plugin so you can compare.

hulkbuster:
hello 4wd, thank you once again for taking your time out for this thread.
Sorry for late acknowledgement, all this time i was downloading WAIK 1.1 for Vista . I am on a narrowband ! and making plugins through trial and error.
Prior to your new post i,e., using bbLean as shell for Win PE3.0 found Here:
         My main issue was with making a final ISO after downloading all the needed plugins from Winbuilder, which i figured it:

The error things that Winbuilder poped up: i just redownloaded the plugin scripts and then it was OK.

I don't like to bite more than i can chew: going through BBlean thread would be learning new thing from scratch.
I was going through the pic guide: The script generated for MyDefrag was 997KB: do i need to put this to project folder i.e., C:\WinBuilder\Projects\VistaPE-CAPI\Apps\HD Tasks\Diagnostic

I want few plugins like Notepad++, Irfanview, Acronis Disk Director Suite 10 , Acronis True Image 14, XYplorer 9.60, Q-Dir 4.19 , Adobe Acrobat 5/7 ,Winzip , UltraISO etc etc some with complicated registry in Winpe. Would it be possible with your methods.  Easier way to make a WINPE 2.0 DISC

4wd:
I want few plugins like Notepad++, Irfanview, Acronis Disk Director Suite 10 , Acronis True Image 14, XYplorer 9.60, Q-Dir 4.19 , Adobe Acrobat 5/7 ,Winzip , UltraISO etc etc some with complicated registry in Winpe. Would it be possible with your methods.-hulkbuster (November 13, 2010, 01:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll be downloading VistaPE and the WAIK at the library, their connection is 3-4 times faster than mine ;)

Creating plugins will definitely be a fair bit of trial and error.

No need to go through the thread for BB-7PE, bbLean 7PE will accept almost all the Vista-CAPI plugins, (as will pretty much any of the WinPE3 projects).  So you only need to download the project and then add in whatever scripts you want from VistPE, (actually, VistaPE-CAPI now includes bbLean as one of the shells so you can also go the other way - add plugins from the BB-7PE project to VistaPE).

Regarding your above examples, (search through the forums first, someone may have already done one that hasn't been integrated):
WinZip - Either use the already created/working 7Zip plugin or use it as the basis for a WinZip plugin;
Q-Dir   - Win7RescuePE includes it, attached below so you can tweak/integrate;
IrfanView - Also in the Win7RescuePE (download link in Post #14);
NotePad++ - Already in VistaPE (xVPE Np++.script);
UltraISO - In LiveXP project, should be easy to adapt.  Available at Galapo's LiveXP scripts;
XYPlorer - Set it up how you want then run it in portable mode, script would be easy - basically same as the netscan one above;

Acronis DD + TI - You really can't go past Mustang's scripts, he has one for DD10 and TI11 that are pretty much fully functional.  They do require payment though, DD is $4.99 and TI is $9.99 - (I've bought both in the past but no longer use Acronis programs).  He also has MustangPEBuilder2 for creating WinPE2 discs as well as a couple of PE building tutorials.  IIRC, Acronis provide BartPE plugins for registered users, these can be converted to Winbuilder scripts.

There's also a couple of free plugins for Acronis TI, here for an earlier version of VistaPE/TI and here for TI2010 and VistaPE-Leopard - both should be relatively easy to update for later TI versions, it's just a matter of comparing what value's are required with what's in the registry and extra files - I've done it before in updating a TI plugin from an earlier version, (sorry I don't have access to it, all my backups are located elsewhere ATM).

When you say Acrobat, do you mean Acrobat or Acrobat Reader ?

There's bound to be a BartPE or WinBuilder script for almost anything, just do a Google search: eg. +acrobat +(bartpe|pebuilder|winbuilder)

Then it's just a matter of converting/tweaking to get it working.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version