ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Easier way to make a WINPE 2.0 DISC

<< < (2/4) > >>

4wd:
Where are you running WinBuilder from, (path/folder)?

EDIT: If you're running WinBuilder from the Desktop, try creating it's own directory, (eg. D:\WinBuilder), copy it there and run it.  The above message looks like you're trying to run it from the Desktop.

Can you send/PM me the log file it generates?

The last version of H7PluginBulder is 1.4.0 available here - (not obvious from the thread I pointed to).  I'll have to install a 32bit VM to play with it...just remembered how to use it, I'll add a picture later.

hulkbuster:
Thank you for that, ( i was running Winbuilder from Desktop all along)  i did and made a Directory for the downloaded Project folder in a folder called WinBuilder and converted Barte .inf file to scripts and copied few Barte plugins folder wihit scripts in it: to  C:\WinBuilder\Projects\VistaPE-CAPI\Apps\HD Tasks

On hitting the play button i got errors: one thread here clearly states :BartPE plugins in WinBuilder project: methods to build a plugin from Barte plugins.
I am novice at these things: :)

This is my error log:

4wd:
Thank you for that, ( i was running Winbuilder from Desktop all along)  i did and made a Directory for the downloaded Project folder in a folder called WinBuilder and converted Barte .inf file to scripts and copied few Barte plugins folder wihit scripts in it: to  C:\WinBuilder\Projects\VistaPE-CAPI\Apps\HD Tasks

On hitting the play button i got errors: one thread here clearly states :BartPE plugins in WinBuilder project: methods to build a plugin from Barte plugins.-hulkbuster (November 06, 2010, 12:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think you should start from scratch to get a feel for WinBuilder first.

1) Delete, (or move), the WinBuilder\Projects directory, (WinBuilder will create it as necessary), so all you have is WinBuilder.exe and WinBuilder.ini in the directory.
2) Run WinBuilder and go to its Download Center, make sure the vistape.boot-land.net is ticked, select Minimum from the dropdown menu and then hit Download.  There will be about 16MB to download.

This will download the minimum requirements to create a VistaPE disc.  See if that works.

BartPE plugins will probably need a little bit of tweaking to get them working, (some do, some don't).

4wd:
Using H7PluginBuilder

For this example we'll do something simple, (I won't test if it works in a PE afterwards because it'll need some tweaks), by creating a plugin of MyDefrag, you'll still get the general idea.

Once around the block first, (see first pic):
A - Resets the interface back to default ready for plugin creation.
B - Import a PEBuilder plugin or monitor installs from FileMon, InstallRite or InstallWatch which can then be saved as WinBuilder plugins.
C - Batch conversion of PEBuilder plugins.
D - Import a .reg file and save as a PEBuilder/WinBuilder plugin.
E - Monitor the installation of a program and capture its registry entries and files to be saved as a plugin.
F - Allows you to select an .ocx or .dll and then capture the registry change when it's registered.
G - PEBuilder specific settings.
H - WinBuilder specific settings.
J - H7PluginBuilder specific settings.
K - Whether or not the generated plugin will be enabled in PEBuilder/WinBuilder by default.
1 - Enable if you want to be able to choose an output folder at 2.

I don't know if D, E & F work - I've never used them.  I do know it will convert PEBuilder plugins but WinBuilder can do that also.

Set up H7PluginBuilder, (H7PB), as follows, (choose your own Target dir of course):

Set the WinBuilder options as follows, (click button H in first pic):

Click the Explorer tab at the bottom of the left panel and then right-click the Programs folder and select Grab Folder:

Select the MyDefrag folder in C:\Program Files

All the files will now show up in the explorer panel, untick the ones not required:

Click on the Registry tab at the top of the panel, right-click HKEY_CURRENT_USER and select Import:

The .reg file being imported is the registry entries MyDefrag creates in HKCU/Software/MyDefrag, (go into regedit and just export them):

The entries will be imported and you'll have the following:

By clicking the Blue line under the panel you can edit/add various entries:

Right-click on the last entry and select Remove:

Go back to the Main tab, right-click on the MyDefrag.exe file, select Properties and set as below, change Shortcut->QuickLaunch->Create to True and edit WinBuilder->Section to say Files.  After that click the Explorer tab at the bottom and for the rest of the files being added also change WinBuilder->Section to Files:

These shows what files we are keeping from all the added ones, click the Build button.  If the Target file already exists then you will get a warning exclamation mark up the top right:

The result panel will show the basic script without the encoded files.  The actual MyDefrag.script in the output directory will contain the files encoded within it, (that's why it's 996KB):

The resulting script is attached as is some working plugins I made for WinBuilder VistaPE011.

hulkbuster:
Hello 4wd, that was really generous of you.Easier way to make a WINPE 2.0 DISC. If only the author of H7Builder had taken the trouble to make a guide: this  thread would not have started. Although i didn't have much problem with H7WinBuilder. With H7Builder : i feel their is not limit to adding plugins except getting the scripts right.
I removed the previous WINPE and installed WINPE for W7: the process stoped with an error on 26th step. Can't find a proper word for explaining. The project folder and its content that would be lost on the process of creating the Disc: thankfully i have it saved in my External HDD.
This thread clearly stated:
So i have to edit the updates.ini if i have to add any folder: C:\WinBuilder\Projects\VistaPE-CAPI\Apps

Can you provide same guide on how to work with Winbuilder i.e., to make a WINPE DISC. 

Hope i am not asking too much of your time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version