ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Easier way to make a WINPE 2.0 DISC

(1/4) > >>

hulkbuster:
Hello folks:
       i am trying my hands on WINPE 2.0 DISC. I downloaded the VISTA WAIK from From Here:. Of course a User needs to have a OEM version of OS.

I realised that a user has to work from cmd prompt: at one point i managed to copy and mount imagex something....
  But i found out it is not easy to make one, i need to make a Bootable 2.0 PE Disc, but i am having a difficult time to add again  mount ??? : so i am asking if some users from Donation Coder could help me.

Is their a GUI for making a WinPE 2.0 Disc: or some batch file already made : That can accomplish this task. I need to add making plugins: like in Barte Disc.
I found one guide here:Windows PE 2.0 Guide:

4wd:
Winbuilder - Download the main Winbuilder program, then choose the VistaPE project.

See the three steps at the end of the first post here.

If that server fails, then add vistape.winbuilder.net and try again.

Very simple to create plugins for it, I made a few a while ago but haven't played with WinBuilder recently - might have another look at the Win7PE project.

For a WinPE3 disc it probably doesn't get much simpler than Make_PE3.

hulkbuster:
Thank you 4wd, i couldn't find too much about WINPE 2.0 but 7PE 3.0 seems to be a popular among the two. And i am trying my hands on WINPE3 .0.
        Same guy in 911cd.net:, i am following that thread carefully, but will soon abandon it:  if it consumes more time to understand and make plugins. BartePE is way less sophisticated and easy to build.

Thanks for redirecting, which do you prefer v2.0 or v3.0 orBartePe or any other.

4wd:
I use WinBuilder to build PEs, (I used to use BartPE a lot in the past but WinBuilder is a lot easier), what type of PE depends on what I want it for.

LiveXP - I'm more familiar with it and it's good for small size ISO, (fit on a 180MB CD with a few utilities), and RAM requirements are lower.
VistaPE/Win7PE - If it's going to be used with esoteric hardware, (Vista/7 include storage drivers that will run on almost anything without trying to hack more in), and there's no RAM constraint.

I used to create multiboot PE based USB flash drives with:

1) WinBuilder - To create the PE environments, both LiveXP & VistaPE/7PE.
2) Various disk images - dban, ranish, supergrub, memtest, gag, ntpass, etc.
3) Linux Live - usually Puppy or DSL.
4) Parted Magic
5) Various DOS apps - mbrtool, etc.
6) Windows apps - ImgBurn, hardware info, etc.
7) Optional XP installer.

All bundled up together using USB_Multiboot.  Probably a bit over the top but it was fun just to get it working.

But I also did PE2/3 multiple boot USB HDD/flash, directly adding the various wim files by editing the bcd file with bcdedit to add them in, as per: Integrating multiple version of Vista  Six PE2 environments on the one flash drive.

H7PluginBuilder makes plugin building reasonably easy, minor editing required afterwards to tweak them but better than trying from scratch.  It's 3 years old but will generate BartPE and WinBuilder plugins.

It's been about 10 months since I last played with making PEs but I still try to keep up with the latest methods - I'll probably swing to WinPE3 and update the various plugins I had.

Perhaps I should have said, "Make_PE3 is the simplest way to create a simple Live Win7 PE."  Adding stuff to it will be a bit more involved, you're better off using WinBuilder and one of the Win7PE projects found here, it will be easier to add stuff to.

Addendum: Just found this: Windows Forensic Environment - a Windows PE designed for forensic analysis of the system, (ie. it won't write anything to the system thus possibly corrupting evidence).  I think I'm going to have to pull out WinBuilder again to have a play  8)

hulkbuster:
Wow that's quite a mouthful of stuffs you threw: although i quite dont have the use for MultiBoot USB-stick and other material except for H7PluginBuilder. It certainly is easy i.e., after making it myself. The readme tab for H7PluginBuilder is not so clear , it doesn't have a chm helpfile. Not to mention, how to use script on Winbuilder ,theory on text is ok but it would be great with pictures. :(

I downloaded Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) from here: whch required me to validate.  However WAIK 1.1 Vista + Server 2008 from Here: which didn't require validation.  Anyways, i guess i can use the former WAIK too for making PE.

4wd can you please help me out: i downloaded all the necessary scripts to be used in VistaPE CAPI, and i also selected all the necessary source, target and the place for iso to be created . But i am getting some errors:

What do i do from here: any suggestion from your part would be of tremendous help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version