ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How many times do I have to update my mutherf---ing Flash??

(1/6) > >>

superboyac:
Ever since 10.1 was released, I am getting notifications to update Flash all over the place.  My home pc, my work pc, friends pc's, all my laptops.  And I swear i've updated all of them, even though I'm not really keeping track.  I just updated firefox, and after it reloads, it tells me that firefox is updated, but flash isn't.  Now, I know for sure I've updated my home PC, so I don't understand.  Either Adobe keeps updating Flash with weekly builds, or there is something wrong here.  Of course, they give no easy indication what version you are using and what the latest one is, nor when the last time you updated was.  All I know is I'd like to just stop hearing about my fucking flash being out of date.  I don't give a shit anymore.  if it's out of date, so be it...I don't want to hear about it until there's an issue I have to fix or something.  Now they're using version updates as an advertising method.  And since it's not a real ad, it makes users timid about turning it "off" because it's masked as a security risk or deadly issue.  I'm so sick of it all...

In my current condition, if I were the java update, I'd be afraid to show my face right about now.  I'd probably go nuclear on its ass.  yeah Java, you're next...don't be poking your head out anytime soon buddy.

AndyM:
yeah Java, you're next...don't be poking your head out anytime soon buddy.
-superboyac (October 31, 2010, 07:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
;D ;D ;D

lanux128:
on top of updates, Adobe also bundle Norton Security Scan which users have to opt-out else they end up with duplicate anti-malware software fighting for resources on the PC.. widespread usage of HTML5 can't come soon enough.

KynloStephen66515:
Your not the only one having this, I thought my computer was being stupid for the past few weeks, even as we speak, theres an icon sitting on my taskbar awaiting my approval to update it.

I have no idea if its just the same update over and over and over, and seeing as theres no real indication of wtf version im using, or wtf version they are giving me, I guess you kinda have to trust, or ignore it.

Nothing seems to have broken in the past few days from not updating it though :P

(Oh, and Javas little teacup is also sitting down there moaning about an update...pretty sure i did that yesterday?)

rgdot:
widespread usage of HTML5 can't come soon enough.
-lanux128 (October 31, 2010, 09:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Was going to type this  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version