topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:36 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: XYplorer Lifetime License 51% discount on BitsDuJour on Monday 8 Nov 2010  (Read 39832 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Saw a few tiny little things that I use often and like, so I ended up buying a license. At the moment I'm pretty sick of Windows Explorer.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Saw a few tiny little things that I use often and like, so I ended up buying a license. At the moment I'm pretty sick of Windows Explorer.

Hey Man, if it will make you feel better, I have only used *1* feature, besides the "Find," ...batch rename of photos!  Now instead of the trip to the beach labeled. "P1007865438, P1007865439, P1007865440, P1007865441, etc., I can now at least have, Ronsons Beach 20100423_001, Ronsons Beach 20100423_002, etc.  That aside, I am looking forward to great things!

The only thing is the site took my order, but doesn't seem to want my money. :huh:

<Edit>
They finally took my money.  Whew!  Another ToDo crossed off the list! :Thmbsup:
</Edit>
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 08:09 PM by CodeTRUCKER »

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Batch renaming with numbered orders is already a Windows Explorer feature.  :huh:

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
i like xyplorer a lot, as well as the programmer.  I have only minor nitpick, which I've mentioned in their forum at length...Don needs to do something about the way the labels in the tabs appear.  It makes it so much less usable for me that way.  Those tabs are used so much that if it is left the way they are, I don't see how it can't be frustrating.  It's the kind of little frustration you would experience every few seconds, which turns into a big thing and eventually, you would just go to Dopus or whatever.  See my thread here:
http://www.xyplorer....c.php?f=5&t=5183

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Batch renaming with numbered orders is already a Windows Explorer feature.  :huh:

It is? Where?
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Batch renaming with numbered orders is already a Windows Explorer feature.  :huh:

It is? Where?

Select a bunch of files and then select rename from the Explorer context menu. After typing in just one name, once you hit enter, all selected files will be prefixed with whatever name you chose, and numbered.

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
app103 is right.
You could also press F2 instead.

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Batch renaming with numbered orders is already a Windows Explorer feature.  :huh:

One has to know a feature exists before one can use it.  Besides, it was only *1* feature.  

I also mentioned "Find." So, what are the mysteries to be revealed about the powers of searching in Windows Explorer?

I'm sure, like you, others know about what Windows Explorer can do, but if W.E. could do anywhere near as much as XY. then XYplorer (FleXYfiles) would be XYZip as in nada, nyet, nein, nope.

Tuxman, why don't you help the rest of us out and start a thread about...
Spoiler
Windows Explorer Secrets revealed!

PS - Thanks to you and app103 for the heads-up on W.E. batch rename.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 10:28 PM by CodeTRUCKER »

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
With XYplorer you're supposed to be able to manually sort items in a list view (drag up/down the list).
According to the help file, it's supposed to be under the Tools menu ("Manual Sort") but I dont see it here
(FTR I'm still with 9.4.xxx)
Tom

DonL

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • XYplorer File Manager
    • Donate to Member
With XYplorer you're supposed to be able to manually sort items in a list view (drag up/down the list).
According to the help file, it's supposed to be under the Tools menu ("Manual Sort") but I dont see it here
http://www.xyplorer....mansort_activate.png

Don

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
http://www.xyplorer....mansort_activate.png

Don

thanks Don, I scanned that list a couple of time - obviously I not very good at scanning :-[
Tom

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Because they are no

Spoiler
secrets.

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Because they are no...

Spoiler
secrets

If one knows about them = you are correct.

If one doesn't know about them = you are incorrect.

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
How can I know what is a
Spoiler
secret

for you?

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
How can I know what is a
Spoiler
secret

for you?

Fair enough.  Ok, I'll get back to you with all the things about Windows I don't know.  Wait for me...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 03:44 PM by CodeTRUCKER »

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
OK.  :)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Tuxman, why don't you help the rest of us out and start a thread about... Windows Explorer Secrets revealed!

Should such a thread be anything but links to the many sites that already are covering the subject, and are covering it well? Quite a number of people have made a living out of revealing such alleged secrets!

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Tuxman, why don't you help the rest of us out and start a thread about... Windows Explorer Secrets revealed!

Should such a thread be anything but links to the many sites that already are covering the subject, and are covering it well? Quite a number of people have made a living out of revealing such alleged secrets!

The thread should be whatever the originator initiates and the responding posters nudge it to.  
Are you not in favor of such a thread?  :huh:

PS - Thanks for the tip.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 05:28 PM by CodeTRUCKER »

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The thread should be whatever the originator initiates and the responding posters nudge it to.

This thread is gone very off-topic lol
Tom

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Please Ignore this Spoiler

This thread is gone very off-topic lol

Hi Everyone,
[nudge] I am very glad I was able to take advantage of this sale!  [nudge]  I hope others didn't miss out.  [nudge, nudge, nudge]  My favorite feature is the "Find" combined with the "Batch Rename!"  So what's your favorite feature?  ;)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

[edit] guess I deserved that one... [/edit]
Tom
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 09:28 AM by tomos »

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
[edit] guess I deserved that one... [/edit]

... on the contrary, I thought you did all of us a favor.  :Thmbsup:  I was just trying to "nudge" us back on track. ;)

I really am interested in hearing what "features" are people's favorites.  I always discover something new about an app when this happens. :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 09:50 AM by CodeTRUCKER »

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
ah, okay - now I'm laughing.
I thought you were being ironic in your previous post (as the topic is gone in a way "8 Nov 2010")

Anyways, back on topic as you say:
I'm only a very basic user but I like it a lot, search is very fast, very portable, you can create a customised open with dialogue (shortcut activated) for different filetypes. Constantly being updated.

I like this one too - quick compare (just tells you if exactly the same or not):

XY001002.png

...in fact I think I even requested that one ;)
Tom

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I like this one too - quick compare (just tells you if exactly the same or not):
 (see attachment in previous post)
...in fact I think I even requested that one ;)

8)

CWuestefeld

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

In "Compare Current File with Previous File", what does "Previous" mean? Does that mean I first click a file, then click a second, and the first I clicked becomes the "previous". Or does it mean the file that appears in the list above the selection?