ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

XYplorer Lifetime License 51% discount on BitsDuJour on Monday 8 Nov 2010

<< < (5/14) > >>

CodeTRUCKER:
Hey DonL,

Hindsight is always 20-20, but just for fun consider what might have happened if you would have named it "YXplorer."  
The ambiguity is delicious!

CT

rssapphire:
I just bought a copy about an hour ago. Even though I have DO, I couldn't resist XYplorer at this price -- especially with lifetime free upgrades and usable on all my PCs. It will be my main file manager on my laptop and on my USB stick for use on other computers. Who knows, it might someday replace DO on my main PC as well.

tomos:
That looks good already:

"FleXYfiles"
-CodeTRUCKER (November 06, 2010, 05:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

that was one of the stipulations for the new name -XY- he can now continue with e.g. the new XY icon

Frankly, I think DonL is making a mistake if he does not maintain some "XY" name recognition
-CodeTRUCKER (November 06, 2010, 11:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

eh, he plans to ('maintain some "XY" name recognition'). Also says he's going to keep the old name too.

Renegade:
I'm waffling on this... Is it worth it? Will it save me time? Should I go for DOpus instead?

Only a few hours left, so please chime in quick.

CodeTRUCKER:
That looks good already:

"FleXYfiles"
-CodeTRUCKER (November 06, 2010, 05:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

that was one of the stipulations for the new name -XY- he can now continue with e.g. the new XY icon
-tomos (November 08, 2010, 10:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hey Tomos, thanks for the  :up:

Frankly, I think DonL is making a mistake if he does not maintain some "XY" name recognition
-CodeTRUCKER (November 06, 2010, 11:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

eh, he plans to ('maintain some "XY" name recognition'). Also says he's going to keep the old name too.

--- End quote ---

Hmmm... Just for clarity... DonL wrote "FlexyFiles" (note the lower-case "xy") above.  My suggestion and what I was referring to is to "maintain" highlighting the "XY" as in "FleXYfiles" (upper-case "XY," lower-case "f").

I intended no criticism of the name he has chosen; on the contrary, I love the way "FleXYfiles" rolls off the tongue!  I was suggesting the observation of one of the cardinal rules of marketing products... "consistent branding."

At any rate, I am off to take advantage of a great discount!  Kudos to DonL! :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version