ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

XYplorer Lifetime License 51% discount on BitsDuJour on Monday 8 Nov 2010

<< < (4/14) > >>

Darwin:
xy in English is pronounced "zye" as in "xylophone" -Darwin (November 06, 2010, 09:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

how do I know that this one is xy-plorer and not xyp-lorer or x-yplorer?
The three words are equally meaningless to Joe I.T. Average.

-Curt (November 06, 2010, 12:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good point, Curt. I'm pretty sure that it's meant to be X-Y-Plorer.

CodeTRUCKER:
PS: Those of you who find FlexyFiles idiotic: You don't need to tell me. There is no way to please all, and I won't revise the decision anyway. ;)
-DonL (October 31, 2010, 04:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

DonL, I can respect that as your perrogative, but if I may be so bold as to suggest...

"Fle-XY-files" (pronounced flex-ee-files).

or like Shades alluded to...

"FleXYfiles"

Either one keeps your decided name change and still highlights the "XY" heritage all of us have come to know so affectionately.

Curt:
Why should XYplorer customers care what name the new product has?:

XYplorer will not stop to exist (and being developed). Other than the name, both products will be 100% identical,  -DonL (October 31, 2010, 04:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Darwin:

XYplorer will not stop to exist (and being developed). Other than the name, both products will be 100% identical,  -DonL (October 31, 2010, 04:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

-Curt (November 06, 2010, 07:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Because it's there! Just plain orneriness (or cussedness)... at least in my case!

CodeTRUCKER:
-Curt (November 06, 2010, 07:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Curt,

You might be correct as far as a "customer" is concerned, but I am thinking of it as a business owner myself.  Imagine what Microsoft would lose if they changed their name to "Software Giant?"  Yet, on the "customer" side, it always provokes some insecurity whenever a long-standing and successful product gets a face-lift.  Maybe it shouldn't, but that is just human nature. 

Frankly, I think DonL is making a mistake if he does not maintain some "XY" name recognition, especially since he has enjoyed success, but as the Big Kahuna it is his prerogative to do whatever he wishes. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version