topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 10:01 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Transpose 2.3.2.3  (Read 53193 times)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.3.1.3
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2012, 12:49 PM »
Tao, FWIW,
recommendation for remap software via mouser:

Fannon -- thanks for the tip about using SharpKeys to reassign Capslock; i've added a tip about that in the FARR help file for people who want to use CapsLock -- it seems like a good choice especially for laptop users.

was looking at it lately - looks like it will change Ctrl key
Tom

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2012, 12:58 PM »
According to the bit I read on the link I posted, the software mentioned in the article has a Disable assignment.  No Op seems like a better idea to me. I didn't download and try the software. But I'd be surprised if it didn't work. I would guess anything that works in NT should still work in W7. I doubt they changed much if anything.

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2012, 01:05 PM »
Tao, FWIW,
recommendation for remap software via mouser:

Fannon -- thanks for the tip about using SharpKeys to reassign Capslock; i've added a tip about that in the FARR help file for people who want to use CapsLock -- it seems like a good choice especially for laptop users.

was looking at it lately - looks like it will change Ctrl key

I think it does work - I just set it to disable control-right and it apparently does. It lets the original key through so for example I gave it Control-W (the worst of the batch, it kills whole windows) and out comes a small-w, but that's fine. (Because with my new widget which I am affectionately calling Turbo Backspace) I can just retype it.

Then I just mashed a bunch of other control keys. Glorious amounts of nothing occurred.

The only problem is that it seems to need to reboot which takes 5 minutes on my machine for MS Sec. Essentials to quit hogging the CPU and settle back into its corner. But otherwise all is well!

(Proceeds to break Mach 1 with the number of errors he can correct now. I'm a pest, but I give praise where it's due!)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2012, 01:10 PM »
If you had to reboot then it probably hooks the make and break codes. Maybe installed a virtual device driver or something. Down at that low level it should be able to disable. :)

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2012, 01:14 PM »
If you had to reboot then it probably hooks the make and break codes. Maybe installed a virtual device driver or something. Down at that low level it should be able to disable. :)

I think it has an uninstall too, but that's fine. I only need to disable about 2-3 keys, and when I get around to it I'll prob do Caps Lock as well, but the rest are fine.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2012, 01:28 PM »
seems to work via registry:

How do I use it? Getting Started
    Add a new key mapping or edit an existing one
    Click "Write to registry" and wait for a confirmation that the registry was successfully updated
    Close SharpKeys and either log out (and back in) or reboot to enforce the new mappings
Tom

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2012, 03:08 PM »
seems to work via registry:

How do I use it? Getting Started
    Add a new key mapping or edit an existing one
    Click "Write to registry" and wait for a confirmation that the registry was successfully updated
    Close SharpKeys and either log out (and back in) or reboot to enforce the new mappings

Then "had to reboot" obviously didn't apply. The thing works. That's the end of it afaic.

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2012, 05:08 PM »
Then "had to reboot" obviously didn't apply. The thing works. That's the end of it afaic.

I think I disagree. I just did it to turn off Caps Lock, and I had to reboot (Win XP). But it's all good.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2012, 06:56 PM »
Not sure whether this would be of any use to you here. It is a Microsoft proggy that can remap all the keys on a standard keyboard. I run it once on any computer I use, just to make the Caps Lock key function as a Right Shift key. Then I can use unusual hotkey combos (that are unlikely to be used by any other proggies) like, for example, Left Shift+Right Shift+x with just the left hand, to start up a particular program - whereas otherwise you would need two hands to perform a key combo like that.

As a possible solution to ALL CAPS accidents...
Tip - dispatching the CapsLock gremlin with Microsoft's remapkey.exe http://tips4laptopus...ck-gremlin-with.html
It refers to the Microsoft remapkey.exe utility.
Other keyboard mapping fixes are useful, but redundant if you use remapkey.exe, which works fine in Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, and Win7-64 Home Premium.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2012, 07:50 PM »

I think I disagree. I just did it to turn off Caps Lock, and I had to reboot (Win XP). But it's all good.

I don't know why I'm in the middle. I don't use keyboard remappers. I have a kvma switch so I can't even use programmable keys that are on HP keyboard. As soon as I jump to the other machine it's all washed out. It's not worth the hassle to try to get it to work. I think I wasted 2 days trying to do it like 8 years ago. That was enough.

In any case I'm glad you got it to work. :)

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2012, 06:53 AM »
From a technical point of view, why is this a browser keystroke editor and not across all of Windows? I'm just confused at where the data hook is - I thought it was at the keystroke (buffer?) level.

Just when you get a minute drop me a line if you would.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2012, 10:12 AM »
From a technical point of view, why is this a browser keystroke editor and not across all of Windows? I'm just confused at where the data hook is - I thought it was at the keystroke (buffer?) level.

Just when you get a minute drop me a line if you would.

See previous post about Editor Group.
I already explained it there.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.3.1.5
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2012, 10:23 AM »
Transpose 2.3.1.5 Added Winkey-x hotkey to Close all Explorer Folders.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.3.1.6
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2012, 01:52 PM »
Transpose 2.3.1.6 Added code to prevent multiple copies of About Box from opening.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.3.1.7
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2012, 02:44 PM »
Transpose 2.3.1.7 Bug fix. Alt Click to open selected url text in a new tab got an error in 64 bit browsers.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.3.1.8
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2012, 07:16 PM »
Transpose 2.3.1.8 Actually fixed the bug this time getting the process that owns the active window when the process is a native 64 bit process.  Now on 64 bit systems WMI Query is used to get the process path.  See prev. post for more details.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.3.2.0
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2012, 06:07 PM »
Transpose 2.3.2.0 Bug fix for Close all Explorer Windows hotkey.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.3.2.3
« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2012, 08:49 PM »
Transpose 2.3.2.3 Eliminated "autokill" of Everything Search after 10 minute time out. It caused intermittent crashes. Also restarting Everything via Shift Backspace involves a wait for indexing.  Better to just leave it running and activate the window, after initial start.

Hopefully this will cure intermittent Transpose crash problems.