topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:01 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Transpose 2.3.2.3  (Read 53172 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.3.0.8
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2012, 10:18 AM »
Transpose 2.3.0.8 Added a new wrinkle for Everything Search interaction. When Shift-Backspace hotkey is hit, the hotkey is either passed on or Everything is launched as before.  But now the routine sets a 5 minute timer. During the timer routine, if it detects Everything's Window, it assumes you want to keep using it, so it returns taking no action other than to keep checking every 5 minutes. If the window is not found and Everything process exists, meaning Everything is just sitting in the Tray, the process is closed and the timer routine is canceled.

The zip now includes another exe, NoTrayOrphans.exe, with permission from the author. See the Readme.txt Revisions section. If Everything process is closed this program is called to clear the dead icon from the Task Tray. I'm still testing the orphan cleaner app. If it works well then I'll be including it with other utilities where appropriate. Sure would be nice to finally have a reliable way to get rid of orphan icons. :)

Edit: I've recompiled the NoTrayOrphans.exe, rezipped and uploaded the new zip. If the one you have does not have the Green 'A' ahk icon, it may not get rid of the tray icon without a mouse over. The new compile seems to work. I haven't changed version number.  The only difference is I compiled the orphan program without compression.

IOW, if you have to mouse over to get rid of Everything tray icon, download the zip again. :)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 11:41 AM by MilesAhead »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.3.0.9
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2012, 12:59 PM »
Transpose 2.3.0.9 Added code to search Path for NoTrayOrphans.exe if not found in script folder.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.3.1.0
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2012, 05:17 PM »
Transpose 2.3.1.0 Changed Everything "autokill" check from 5 minute interval to 10 minutes.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.3.1.1
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2012, 01:06 AM »
Transpose 2.3.1.1  Sprinkled in a few more calls to _EmptyWorkingSet(). This reduces the memory footprint just sitting in the tray.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.3.1.2
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2012, 05:40 PM »
Transpose 2.3.1.2  Added check for Everything Window if process running. If found the window is activated rather than passing on the hotkey. This avoids opening multiple search windows. If you have the search window minimized so that it has a button in the Taskbar, this should avoid opening yet another window. It should activate the existing window.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.3.1.3
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2012, 10:24 PM »
Transpose 2.3.1.3 Now if open Everything window is activated, the Edit line gets keyboard focus with any entry selected. Just start typing to discard the old entry.

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2012, 11:06 PM »
I wrote an AHK hotkey awhile back to Transpose the 2 characters left of the caret in some editors and browsers.  I added a couple of Mouse hotkeys for Chrome-based browsers.

The compiled program is available for download:

http://www.favessoft.com/hotkeys.html

Program source and icon are included.  See the Readme.txt for info how to add editors and browsers to the supported apps in the AHK source.

Heh I just tried this out today. It's rather cute! What confused me was that a lot of the US uses the word "cursor", and a "caret" is a ^ key, so I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to use a ^ for.

Edit: Not as useful for me as I had hoped, the kinds of errors I make tend to be wrong-letter errors, anmd no amount of sswitching will help. (Errors left in for demonstration.)

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 11:55 PM by TaoPhoenix »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2012, 02:22 AM »
I seem to remember a lot of Linux editors had ^t to transpose. I was surprised that it's unusual in Windows. Anyway, I do transpose quite often. So it helps a bit. But it's a catch-all script with stuff like hit Shift key while left mouse button is down to copy selected text to clipboard in browsers, alt left click mouse opens selected url in new tab etc..  just a whole bunch of junk.  Plus I hate chrome making me hit control-shift click a link to open in a new foreground tab. So I send that when I hit control-click and use shift-click to open new tab in background.  Just a hodge-podge. :)

afa the '^' usually I spell out Control or Alt when talking about hotkeys. But sometimes I forget and just put in the symbols used by the Send command or function. ! = Alt + = Shift ^ = Control etc..

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.3.1.4
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2012, 04:01 PM »
(never mind - please delete)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 05:03 PM by MilesAhead »

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2012, 07:15 PM »
Miles how do you feel about adding a couple of features? One possibility would be "delete the last X keystrokes". Even while typing this post I don't ever get transposed characters, I get more "garbage", and then a couple normal characters pile on top of it, so roughly "last 7" is the number I'd need.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2012, 07:50 PM »
Do you have a particular hotkey in mind? If it's not already in use I'll just add it special and post the zip here.

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2012, 08:06 PM »
What about Control-Tilde and Alt-Tilde?
(That key in the top left above tab)

It might be clever to put two versions of it in, make Control-Tilde -4 Characters and Alt-Tilde -7 characters.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2012, 08:58 PM »
Sounds doable.  Do you want to backspace the characters out, or select delete? With select delete you might be able to paste 'em back in if you change your mind.

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2012, 09:01 PM »
Naw Backspace them out, with my typing style I get junk like Milews Aheawd is Mty Frioend. (exaggerating a little.)
So just blasting out 4 and 7 characters at a time is good.

P.s. Is your avatar a pic of you or Miles Davis?

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2012, 09:18 PM »
Naw Backspace them out, with my typing style I get junk like Milews Aheawd is Mty Frioend. (exaggerating a little.)
So just blasting out 4 and 7 characters at a time is good.

P.s. Is your avatar a pic of you or Miles Davis?

Well, he's dead, so I hope it ain't a pic of me. :)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2012, 10:17 PM »
TransposeBS for backspace.

Alt-BackTic (same key as Tilde key)  backspaces 7 times in EditorGroup apps.

Control-BackTic (same key as Tilde key)  backspaces 4 times in EditorGroup apps.

I got rid of the Control-t since you don't use it.

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2012, 10:38 PM »
Hmm. I'm getting Can't Load Icon and it doesn't seem to do anything. Any ideas?

P.S. What's an Editor Group app?

A big usage is Firefox typing in forums.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2012, 11:58 PM »
Transpose.exe is hard wired as the name of the program to read the icon from. Rename TransposeBS.exe to Transpose.exe and it should work.

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2012, 06:15 AM »
Okay's see if this does the trick! Yes I do think it might!

(Shades of Mortal Kombat)
Miles Wins! App-ality!  :Thmbsup:\

The one other little feature that would be awesome if it's possible is to just totally disable the right side Control key. All it ever does to me is become a key that does irritating things when I reach for Right Shift and miss. The worst is Control W that nukes forum and chat windows I'm in, to silly things like Bookmarks, Quick Find, and a few even stranger ones.

Otherwise, this is almost good enough as is.

Edit: Actually it's one of the best little mini-app (snack?) ideas I've had, because 75% of my typos are between 4-7ish characters long, so the only trick now is to train my muscle memory better. Right now I'm overshooting by a couple of keys but I've already used the Snack some 10 times in the past hour. Hooray!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 07:17 AM by TaoPhoenix »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2012, 10:01 AM »
Glad you like it. I don't believe there's any way to disable just a modifier key using ahk. But this site shows how to use a keyboard mapper software to disable a single key:

http://blog.enrii.co...ey-in-your-keyboard/

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2012, 11:56 AM »
Glad you like it. I don't believe there's any way to disable just a modifier key using ahk. But this site shows how to use a keyboard mapper software to disable a single key:

(I believe) you could always just change it to shift with AHK -
wouldnt matter if you miss then :)
Tom

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2012, 12:05 PM »

(I believe) you could always just change it to shift with AHK -
wouldnt matter if you miss then :)

<--- waits with baited breath to hear the erudite Miles' opinion of this idea...  :)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2012, 12:32 PM »
I tried to intercept it and just return. Didn't work. But if you can point out a page on the forum where someone successfully nullifies a modifier only hotkey I'll look at it. I searched 1/2 hour with no luck.

The proper way to disable a key is with a keyboard remap utility. Or pry the key off and stick a cap over it.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 12:39 PM by MilesAhead »

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2012, 12:43 PM »
I tried to intercept it and just return. Didn't work. But if you can point out a page on the forum where someone successfully nullifies a modifier only hotkey I'll look at it. I searched 1/2 hour with no luck.
The proper way to disable a key is with a keyboard remap utility. Or pry the key off and stick a cap over it.

Very well Sir Miles, I shall put my Resident Pest hat away for today and continue making and erasing mistakes as fast as I can!  :D

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2012, 12:44 PM »
I posted the question on AHK forum. If there's a way to do it posted in answer then I'll learn something(which happens often. It's remembering it that often doesn't happen.)  :)

http://www.autohotke....php?f=1&t=94025