ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Transpose 2.3.2.3

<< < (2/19) > >>

MilesAhead:
I'm trying Chromium 10 from here:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SOFTWARE/Internet/Browsers/Portable-Google-Chrome-Chromium.shtml

It looks like they fixed the issue of the inability to open a new tab in the foreground.

(The build shows as 68163. I'm posting about it here since Transpose works with it.)

So far the only annoyance is having to refresh favicons by opening all bookmarks in a folder.  Since this workaround launches as many processes as it needs to open all the tabs quickly there seems to be no impetus for an extension rewrite to do a "favicon refresh" utility as part of a bookmark validity checker.  At least I haven't found one yet.

MilesAhead:
Transpose 1.6.0.0 I updated Transpose to do the job of auto copy text to clipboard in Chromium, Firefox and Opera based browsers.

The way it works, select text with the left mouse button.  Press the Alt key before releasing the left mouse button.  On release of the key and mouse button you should see the text deselected. It should now be in the clipboard.

It's just a macro sending Control-c and later a left click to deselect the text. But it has the virtue of being independent of Addon or Plugin code.

The updated source is included.  I created a new group BrowserGroup in the ahk source. If you wish to add another browser just use the ahk spy tool to get the ahk_class name of that browser and recompile.

edit: I just tried it with IE 8 and it doesn't seem to like it.  But I like the action and use Chromium or Firefox for 99.99999% of my browsing anyway. :)

If you're into IE perhaps you can change the hotkey to something compatible if there's no reliable auto copy type addon for it. I don't use it enough to know.

MilesAhead:
Transpose 1.7.0.0 Added IE browser to the list of browsers with auto copy selected text to clipboard support.  Changed this to just use the back tic key by itself as the hotkey. (The same physical key as the tilde on most US keyboards.)

No need for timing releasing the mouse button and Alt key together.  If you press the back tic key with no text selected you'll probably get a clunk system sound but how often do you use the back tic key? If it's often, the new source is included to modify as you wish. :)

MilesAhead:
Transpose 1.8.0.0 Added "back tic key copy" support for Opera 11 Browser.

edit: btw, after text is copied to clipboard with back tic key, a left mouse click is sent to the browser to clear the selection.  To avoid inadvertently clicking a link, make sure the mouse is over a blank section of the page.

MilesAhead:
Transpose 1.9.0.0 Added Shift Middle Mouse Click on and empty space in Explorer to open a drive letter in a new window.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version