topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:19 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Transpose 2.3.2.3  (Read 53161 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Transpose 2.3.2.3
« on: October 29, 2010, 03:10 PM »
I wrote an AHK hotkey awhile back to Transpose the 2 characters left of the caret in some editors and browsers.  I added a couple of Mouse hotkeys for Chrome-based browsers.

The compiled program is available for download:

http://www.favessoft.com/hotkeys.html

Program source and icon are included.  See the Readme.txt for info how to add editors and browsers to the supported apps in the AHK source.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 08:47 PM by MilesAhead »

AndeT1

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 1.2.0.0
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 04:09 PM »
Nice idea.  I teh quite often.
Doesn't work on 7 ultimate 64 bit, though.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 1.2.0.0
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 04:40 PM »
Nice idea.  I teh quite often.
Doesn't work on 7 ultimate 64 bit, though.

What programs have you tried? It's macro so it should work regardless of "bitness." It works for me in Vista64 and W7 32 bit.

See the source code file for a list of programs in the "GroupAdd" lines.
It only works when a progam in that list is the active window to avoid interfering with the keyboard shortcuts of other programs. You can add programs to the group using the instructions in the Readme.

Edit: I updated the Readme to clarify that it only works with programs in the EditGroup in the script.  The likely confusion was the reason I didn't put this up for download earlier.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 05:08 PM by MilesAhead »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 1.3.0.0
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 02:01 PM »
Transpose 1.3.0.0 I added Middle Mouse Click as double-click when an Explorer Window in the active window. The source is included to modify it to suit your own preferences.

(This way I can set Windows Explorer click to the default settings. I can use Shift-Click and Control-Click for item selection, while still avoiding having to double-click to open.)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 05:36 PM »
btw for those using Chromium nightly builds or latest betas, Control-Shift Click got broken at some point. I submitted a bug report.  Rather than opening a link in a new Tab in the foreground, the tab opens in the background.  On my machines I backed off to Chromium build 63747 to get that functionality back. I don't know what build introduced the bug.  But I know 63747 works.

Naturally if the native Control-Shift Click does not work, mapping Control Click to it won't work either.  Hopefully they will fix the bug soon.

edit: as of build 66067 open new Tab in Foreground is still broken. I'm tired of downloading and trying it. I'll just keep using 63747 build. I got an update saying it was fixed in a build I already tried a week ago. It's not fixed.  Evidently it's the fix mechanism itself that's broken.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 04:36 PM by MilesAhead »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 12:24 PM »
I'm trying Chromium 10 from here:

http://www.softpedia...hrome-Chromium.shtml

It looks like they fixed the issue of the inability to open a new tab in the foreground.

(The build shows as 68163. I'm posting about it here since Transpose works with it.)

So far the only annoyance is having to refresh favicons by opening all bookmarks in a folder.  Since this workaround launches as many processes as it needs to open all the tabs quickly there seems to be no impetus for an extension rewrite to do a "favicon refresh" utility as part of a bookmark validity checker.  At least I haven't found one yet.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 12:26 PM by MilesAhead »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 1.6.0.0
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 09:15 PM »
Transpose 1.6.0.0 I updated Transpose to do the job of auto copy text to clipboard in Chromium, Firefox and Opera based browsers.

The way it works, select text with the left mouse button.  Press the Alt key before releasing the left mouse button.  On release of the key and mouse button you should see the text deselected. It should now be in the clipboard.

It's just a macro sending Control-c and later a left click to deselect the text. But it has the virtue of being independent of Addon or Plugin code.

The updated source is included.  I created a new group BrowserGroup in the ahk source. If you wish to add another browser just use the ahk spy tool to get the ahk_class name of that browser and recompile.

edit: I just tried it with IE 8 and it doesn't seem to like it.  But I like the action and use Chromium or Firefox for 99.99999% of my browsing anyway. :)

If you're into IE perhaps you can change the hotkey to something compatible if there's no reliable auto copy type addon for it. I don't use it enough to know.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 04:30 PM by MilesAhead »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 1.7.0.0
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 03:53 AM »
Transpose 1.7.0.0 Added IE browser to the list of browsers with auto copy selected text to clipboard support.  Changed this to just use the back tic key by itself as the hotkey. (The same physical key as the tilde on most US keyboards.)

No need for timing releasing the mouse button and Alt key together.  If you press the back tic key with no text selected you'll probably get a clunk system sound but how often do you use the back tic key? If it's often, the new source is included to modify as you wish. :)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 1.8.0.0
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 05:33 PM »
Transpose 1.8.0.0 Added "back tic key copy" support for Opera 11 Browser.

edit: btw, after text is copied to clipboard with back tic key, a left mouse click is sent to the browser to clear the selection.  To avoid inadvertently clicking a link, make sure the mouse is over a blank section of the page.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 06:26 PM by MilesAhead »

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 1.9.0.0
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 08:59 PM »
Transpose 1.9.0.0 Added Shift Middle Mouse Click on and empty space in Explorer to open a drive letter in a new window.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.0.0.0
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 08:44 PM »
Transpose 2.0.0.0 Added support for Firefox 4.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.1.0.0
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 03:51 PM »
Transpose 2.1.0.0 Added Middle Mouse Click to back tic key in supported browsers as means to copy selected text to clipboard. IOW, you can either press back tic key or use the middle mouse button click to copy selected text to clipboard.  See About Box for list of browsers supported.

Window class names are used to detect windows.  Firefox 4 is supported.  But I'm not going to chase down every version number update to see if they change the class name for the window.  At least not until they stop coming out with a new version a week. :(

Middle Mouse Click still works as Double-Click in Explorer windows.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.1.1.0
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 06:56 PM »
Transpose 2.1.1.0 Changed Middle Mouse Click in browser to copy selected text to clipboard, to Shift Middle Mouse Click.  I forgot why I didn't use Middle Click before. It conflicts with middle mouse button drag scroll used by some browsers.

At least with Shift Middle Mouse Click you don't have to pull the left hand off Home Row of the keyboard.  Those who like back tic key can still use it.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.1.2.0
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 02:01 AM »
Transpose 2.1.2.0 Change yet again.  Shift Middle Mouse Click for copy text to clipboard the timing is lousy.  I changed it to Winkey Click, hold down the Windows key while Left Clicking the Mouse. It just seems to fire more reliably and feels better.  Back tic key is still enabled.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.1.3.0
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 01:07 AM »
Transpose 2.1.3.0 Added Opera 11 to the Editors Group so that Control-t will transpose characters instead of opening a new tab.  As usual, the source is included.

As an aside, I've changed to using AutoHotkey_L unicode for AHK scripts.  You may get a false positive. I just got some with the last Malwarebytes db update. It may take them awhile to realize it's AutoHotkey_L signature issue.

If anyone has any doubts about any of my scripted utilities they may use the Contact button on my site to request source code.  The main reason I don't include source with every program is to avoid repackaging and uploading every utility that uses an include file every time I make a modification.  There's no reason for it. It's just a signature clash and there are too many av programs to try to please out there. I wouldn't be doing anything else.

If an av flags one of my programs first thing to do is try a different av app. If you get several then request the source. I'll be happy to email it.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.1.4.0
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 05:21 PM »
Transpose 2.1.4.0 Added BBCeditor to the "Editors Group" so that Control-t will transpose characters rather than create a table.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.1.5.0
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 09:56 PM »
Transpose 2.1.5.0 Added EditPadLite 7 to "EditorsGroup."

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.1.8.0
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 07:22 PM »
Transpose 2.1.8.0 Added Control-Back tic key hotkey to look up selected word(s) on The Free Dictionary using the default browser.

Works on all browsers that support Back tic key copy to clipboard.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.2.0.0
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2011, 11:17 PM »
Transpose 2.2.0.0 Added Right Winkey Back tic key to add total track play times on AllMusic.com.  May work on other sites but the time must be the last thing on each line and be in min:sec format.

I only use AllMusic.  The ahk source is included. If you want to fix up the time routine to be more versatile nobody will stop you. :)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.2.1.0
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2011, 11:27 AM »
Transpose 2.2.1.0 Improved AllMusic time extraction from selected text. Also changed the hotkey for this from Right Winkey Back tic key, to Shift-F10 function key. It just seems to be more reliable than using the Winkey.

The About Box has been updated to show current hotkeys.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.2.2.0
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 06:26 PM »
Transpose 2.2.2.0 Changed Dictionary lookup hotkey to Control F10.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.2.3.0
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2011, 04:35 PM »
Transpose 2.2.3.0 Removed Control-l delete line hotkey for EditPadLite7.  Today's update of EditPadLite7 fixes the propagation of hotkeys to menu items. (At least I know Control-l works to delete a line. I haven't tested it other than that.)

Shift Middle Click in empty spot in Explorer folder to open a drive, I used Progress instead of ToolTip so that I could display larger colored text.  Easier to see.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.2.4.0
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2011, 03:00 AM »
Transpose 2.2.4.0 Added Control F9 key to look up word left of caret on The Free Dictionary. Should work in any edit control on supported browsers.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.2.5.0
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2011, 04:28 PM »
Transpose 2.2.5.0 The only change other than version number is a highly specialized hotkey. I use Newsbin news reader with a floating Groups List.  If you double click a group in the list, it gets new headers, then displays the posts. But since I always hit the button to Get All New Headers first, I don't want it fetching to the server for no reason.  The default way around that is to select a Group with the mouse, then use the key combo Control-l to display posts. But that forces me to let go of the mouse.

The hotkey is Middle Mouse Click which sends Control-l if the active window is that specialized Groups List window.  You will probably never notice the change. If you don't use Newsbin 6.x then you can just use Comment Block to comment that hotkey out. The hotkey is commented in the source if you wish to disable it and recompile.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Transpose 2.2.6.0
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2011, 04:41 PM »
Transpose 2.2.6.0 Added Shift Backspace to open UltraSearch if running in Tray.  Note that this requires UltraSearch 1.5 since it relies on "single instance" behavior introduced with that version.

The location is hard-wired in the code.  Just search for comments in the source.  It checks that the file on disk exists to avoid an error.  You can spiff it up or change the hotkey etc..

The ahk source is included in the .zip download. I only compile using AutoHotkey_L now. If you get errors compiling using the regular AHK compiler is likely the reason.

One general note on modifying the source.  AHK allows you to call a subroutine using "gosub" with a hotkey label as the subroutine label.  I think I only use this in one hotkey.  But before changing a hotkey it's a good idea to see if it's used in a gosub statement.