ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Transpose 2.3.2.3

(1/19) > >>

MilesAhead:
I wrote an AHK hotkey awhile back to Transpose the 2 characters left of the caret in some editors and browsers.  I added a couple of Mouse hotkeys for Chrome-based browsers.

The compiled program is available for download:

http://www.favessoft.com/hotkeys.html

Program source and icon are included.  See the Readme.txt for info how to add editors and browsers to the supported apps in the AHK source.

AndeT1:
Nice idea.  I teh quite often.
Doesn't work on 7 ultimate 64 bit, though.

MilesAhead:
Nice idea.  I teh quite often.
Doesn't work on 7 ultimate 64 bit, though.

-AndeT1 (October 29, 2010, 04:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

What programs have you tried? It's macro so it should work regardless of "bitness." It works for me in Vista64 and W7 32 bit.

See the source code file for a list of programs in the "GroupAdd" lines.
It only works when a progam in that list is the active window to avoid interfering with the keyboard shortcuts of other programs. You can add programs to the group using the instructions in the Readme.

Edit: I updated the Readme to clarify that it only works with programs in the EditGroup in the script.  The likely confusion was the reason I didn't put this up for download earlier.

MilesAhead:
Transpose 1.3.0.0 I added Middle Mouse Click as double-click when an Explorer Window in the active window. The source is included to modify it to suit your own preferences.

(This way I can set Windows Explorer click to the default settings. I can use Shift-Click and Control-Click for item selection, while still avoiding having to double-click to open.)

MilesAhead:
btw for those using Chromium nightly builds or latest betas, Control-Shift Click got broken at some point. I submitted a bug report.  Rather than opening a link in a new Tab in the foreground, the tab opens in the background.  On my machines I backed off to Chromium build 63747 to get that functionality back. I don't know what build introduced the bug.  But I know 63747 works.

Naturally if the native Control-Shift Click does not work, mapping Control Click to it won't work either.  Hopefully they will fix the bug soon.

edit: as of build 66067 open new Tab in Foreground is still broken. I'm tired of downloading and trying it. I'll just keep using 63747 build. I got an update saying it was fixed in a build I already tried a week ago. It's not fixed.  Evidently it's the fix mechanism itself that's broken.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version