ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Transpose 2.3.2.3

<< < (16/19) > >>

tomos:
Tao, FWIW,
recommendation for remap software via mouser:

Fannon -- thanks for the tip about using SharpKeys to reassign Capslock; i've added a tip about that in the FARR help file for people who want to use CapsLock -- it seems like a good choice especially for laptop users.
-mouser (October 16, 2012, 10:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

was looking at it lately - looks like it will change Ctrl key

MilesAhead:
According to the bit I read on the link I posted, the software mentioned in the article has a Disable assignment.  No Op seems like a better idea to me. I didn't download and try the software. But I'd be surprised if it didn't work. I would guess anything that works in NT should still work in W7. I doubt they changed much if anything.

TaoPhoenix:
Tao, FWIW,
recommendation for remap software via mouser:

Fannon -- thanks for the tip about using SharpKeys to reassign Capslock; i've added a tip about that in the FARR help file for people who want to use CapsLock -- it seems like a good choice especially for laptop users.
-mouser (October 16, 2012, 10:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

was looking at it lately - looks like it will change Ctrl key
-tomos (October 20, 2012, 12:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think it does work - I just set it to disable control-right and it apparently does. It lets the original key through so for example I gave it Control-W (the worst of the batch, it kills whole windows) and out comes a small-w, but that's fine. (Because with my new widget which I am affectionately calling Turbo Backspace) I can just retype it.

Then I just mashed a bunch of other control keys. Glorious amounts of nothing occurred.

The only problem is that it seems to need to reboot which takes 5 minutes on my machine for MS Sec. Essentials to quit hogging the CPU and settle back into its corner. But otherwise all is well!

(Proceeds to break Mach 1 with the number of errors he can correct now. I'm a pest, but I give praise where it's due!)

MilesAhead:
If you had to reboot then it probably hooks the make and break codes. Maybe installed a virtual device driver or something. Down at that low level it should be able to disable. :)

TaoPhoenix:
If you had to reboot then it probably hooks the make and break codes. Maybe installed a virtual device driver or something. Down at that low level it should be able to disable. :)
-MilesAhead (October 20, 2012, 01:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think it has an uninstall too, but that's fine. I only need to disable about 2-3 keys, and when I get around to it I'll prob do Caps Lock as well, but the rest are fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version