ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Laptop choice: better CPU or more RAM ?

<< < (4/6) > >>

wraith808:
Perhaps OT,  but I really hate the latest generation of notebooks because of their abysmal vertical display resolution (something like 720 pixels).   :down: :down: :down:
The designers apparently assume that watching videos is the main reason of existence for a notebook and not reading and working with texts or anything else a bit longer. Perhaps something to watch out for.
-Lutz_ (October 31, 2010, 12:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

I hadn't noticed that.  Mine has a vertical resolution of 1200 pixels.  Maybe it's a specific class of notebooks?

Darwin:
Mine is two years old and has a vertical display of 800 (I presume - the resoution is 1280x800). Can't say I've ever noticed a problem reading text on it, though.

tomos:
Yeah,
I was a bit suprised that this has a 16:9 format for a supposedly 'Office' laptop :D

Bildformat 16:9
Auflösung 1366 x 768 Pixel

Tuxman:
Finding a good laptop is hard these days. All these "glare-type" displays actually suck. Dell and HP seem to be the only companies who still sell "business" laptops without a lot of disadvantages. A pity, really.

superboyac:
Finding a good laptop is hard these days. All these "glare-type" displays actually suck. Dell and HP seem to be the only companies who still sell "business" laptops without a lot of disadvantages. A pity, really.
-Tuxman (October 31, 2010, 04:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
yup.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version