I had actually posted about this before - & forgotten about it
Pricing:- pro software is $60, plus online charges ($54/yr) if you're backing up online. Unclear if software needs to be upgraded or if there's subscription costs for it...
Business (5+ licenses) pricing is different again https://www9.crashplan.com/business/store.vtl
Here's an interesting one:CrashPlan
I came across it here
(a not very in depth review, in the Imaging Resource
~ Basic backup software is free
~ Plus ('+') software is $60
Why should I buy CrashPlan+?
Purchase CrashPlan+ if:
* You are a business. The free version of CrashPlan is for personal use only.
* You need customer support. CrashPlan+ users receive email and phone support.
* You want to restore files from the web. CrashPlan+ users can restore their files over the web when combined with CrashPlan Central (purchased separately).
* You want continuous, real-time backup. The free version of CrashPlan backs up daily.
* You like being super secure. The free version of CrashPlan is plenty secure but for enhanced security, CrashPlan+ uses 448bit encryption.
* You want to be ad free! There are no ads in CrashPlan+
you can figure out from that the disadvantages of the basic software... Compare here
In review linked above, they say it needs 500MB memory for continuous protection (!)
It's one of those watch your files in the background apps
It does partial file updates
The online backup costs $54/year/individual, unlimited backup (that sounds good!)
Again in the review they say they'll send you a 1TB drive to do your first backup if you have over 100GB to backup -I didnt see that advertised on their site, presumably only in the US-[/edit]