ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Rename Next

<< < (2/2)

MilesAhead:
One very nice thing about the rename dialog built into FreeCommander, if you have filenames with multiple extensions, like movie.srt.fixed or whatnot, all you need to do to chop the last extension is select all and hit F2.  In the extension box delete the [e] and hit the rename button.

I've found very few rename utils that make it easy to chop the last extension.

Here's a screen shot:

mateek:
I'll have to try a few of these suggestions.  I've used a lot of varied renamers, but in the case where I don't want or need any (or barely any) similarity in the consecutive names, they all seem to actually make the task worse.  

skwire, thanks, as far as the arrow-down and F2, I'm stuck as a very mouse oriented type of computer user, for better or worse.  I guess it was the formative years type thing in a computer equivalent, but I seem fixed on the traditional keys for most things.  

What I was actually thinking of was something in the rt-clk context menu or as a tiny installed program I could go fetch out of a program list or folder.

sajman99, I use ReNamer a lot, love it for the big jobs.  tomos, Directory Opus...wow...$85 or something.  You weren't kidding!

mateek:
Skwire, I just ran into other probelms when I tried arrow-down.  I'd put a number in front of the filename as my first test, so as I hit 'return' the order of appearance in the folder jumped, and the arrow brought me to an unintended file.  I'm running Windows 7, and I'm thinking the completely highlighted prefix (the visible name without the extension) on the rename operation is a new thing.  Maybe there's a setting somewhere to change it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version