ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Phone Disk-Until September December 1st 2010

<< < (2/3) > >>

Armando:
Ironically, I returned my iPod Touch 4th gen yesterday because I can't stand iTunes.
-Darwin (October 24, 2010, 10:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I almost did the same 2 weeks ago. Finally kept it... But I still can't stand iTunes... Grrrrrr.. all the problems I've had with this incredibly bloated resource hungry buggy thing.

BTW (off topic, I know...) what are you going to buy instead...? If you do...

Darwin:
I think I might get a Windows 7 Phone, after I've had a chance to play with one, of course. Failing that, an Android phone (probably HTC unless I switch to Rogers, in which case it'll be a Samsung Galaxy S). My wife leaves for South Korea on Tuesday, I'm also tempted to ask her to get me a Samsung PMP. However, they're releasing some new stuff in the coming months, so if I go that route, it probably makes sense to wait until she goes in January. My main requirement/desire is that whatever I get sync with Outlook so that I can have calendaring and scheduling features "on the go".

BTW - I really LIKED the iPod Touch. My only complaint about IT was that I didn't find scrolling through the apps very intuitive... Overall, I returned it because of iTunes. The iPhone is out for the same reason.

Armando:
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, the iPod as such is great. But iTunes is a whole other story. It feels like an app from another era, patched and fixed and re-fixed and then with some pieces attached here and there... It's clunky, slow etc. Unfortunately, if you need to sync stuff with Outlook, there's no way out of iTunes.

Curt:
-I would imagine Win Phone (6.5 and) 7 would offer just that?

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/features/default.aspx

Darwin:
-I would imagine Win Phone (6.5 and) 7 would offer just that?

(see attachment in previous post)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/features/default.aspx

-Curt (October 24, 2010, 01:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's certainly what I'm betting on!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version