ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Phone Disk-Until September December 1st 2010

(1/3) > >>

ha14:
Hi

For a limited time Phone Disk is 100% Free!!

Until September December 1st 2010, we're giving away Phone Disk to everyone for free! If you unlock the software before that date, you get free upgrades and can enjoy the full version of the software on that computer with no expiration (just make sure you enter the code before December 1st)!

Use the following registration code to unlock the full version Phone Disk:
2H96A-QK7MX-8GEYK1V-ZR6S8

http://www.macroplant.com/phonedisk/

iPad, iTouch or iPhone Disk Mode is made easy with Phone Disk. Using your standard USB cable, this tiny program runs in the menu bar or system tray of your Mac or PC. When it finds an iPod Touch or iPhone it seamlessly mounts it to your file system so you can directly access its files using Windows Explorer, Finder and every other program.

Curt:
Of course, the next version may become payware, but I don't think it will. Macroplant used to be named myPod Apps, and Phone Disk always has been freeware.

--
http://www.brothersoft.com/publisher/mypod-apps.html

Darwin:
Just to note, that this product DOES require iTunes 9 to be installed. Not saying that to disparage the product, just to let people know. If it works as advertised it's still a useful upgrade to PC/iPod functionality.

cmpm:
iPad, iTouch or iPhone Disk Mode is made easy with Phone Disk. Using your standard USB cable, this tiny program runs in the menu bar or system tray of your Mac or PC. When it finds an iPod Touch or iPhone it seamlessly mounts it to your file system so you can directly access its files using Windows Explorer, Finder and every other program.
--- End quote ---

I think Windows XP and 7 auto find what you plug into it.
Maybe even iStuff, certainly everything else, if the driver is there.
And it usually is.

My point is this is a special program to do what it should do any way.
It's all iSomething, these devices should be that smart.

iRant....

Darwin:
The real advantage provided by programs of this nature is the ability to explore the device's storage from within Windows Explorer/the finder rather than ONLY through iTunes. Ironically, I returned my iPod Touch 4th gen yesterday because I can't stand iTunes. As it happens, this product would not really have helped me due to the requirement that iTunes 9 be installed on the computer... As far as I know, with the Touch and the iPhone, there is no way around having iTunes installed.

*Deal breaker for me...

*WRT iPod Touch/iPhone that is...

EDIT: added above qualifier about what I meant by "deal breaker"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version