Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 21, 2014, 12:27:13 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: BrowsterTraySwitch v2.06.01 beta (oct 22, 2010)  (Read 5848 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: October 22, 2010, 09:18:20 PM »

I'd love to hear reports from *existing* BrowserTraySwitch users regarding this new beta:

I've tried to improve detection and switching among some browsers, and i want to make sure i didn't break anything.
docster
Supporting Member

It doesn't TAKE all kinds; we just HAVE all kinds.

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 04:57:44 PM »

Looks good here, amigo.  My "normal" default is Firefox, with Opera and IE also run through BTS.  Installation and configuration of the beta were smooth, as have been the transitions to and from each browser.  Nicely done.

Now all I have to do is quiet the internal grammatical tempest spawned by my using the term, "'normal' default"....
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 05:03:01 PM by docster » Logged
amisay
Participant

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 05:34:12 AM »

Hi,

I'am trying the new beta release on my computer (Windows XP Pro SP3) and there is a little issue.
There is no problems with profiles but on my computer when I switch from one profile to another the icon displayed in the system tray doesn't update and the profile selected in the right click context menu stay the same (always the last profile saved).

Example with my computer :
I have two browsers IE8 (first profile) and Opera (second and last profile).
If IE8 is the default browser, I have IE8's icon displayed in the system tray and Opera's profile is selected in the right click context menu.

If Opera is the default browser, I have IE8's icon displayed in the system tray and Opera's profile is selected in the right click context menu.

I hope that my message will help you to improve your software !  tongue

Best regards,
James Moore
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 03:22:19 PM »

Hi James,

Sorry for the delayed reply.  I've seen this happen before, it's when BTS has a hard time figuring out which browser is currently set.
One thing you could try is letting the browsers re-assert themselves as default, and then re-save their profiles from the BTS tray.
Can you tell me if that has any efffect?
amisay
Participant

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 05:17:50 AM »

Hi,

Yes the issue is resolved !  cheesy

Thank you very much for the support  smiley

Best regards,
James
amisay
Participant

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 06:00:11 AM »

OOOPS!!!  tellme

The tip above works on my first computer with IE8 and Opera 9.64 but not on my second computer with IE8  and Opera 10.63 !
BrowserTraySwitch is unable to detect Opera 10.63 as my default browser !

Best regards,  huh
James
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 08:52:57 PM »

ill examine opera 10 and see if something has changed.
genieautravail
Participant

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 12:21:58 PM »

Hi,

I have a suggestion for a new feature  Grin :

Can you add a "blank" profile (no default browser on the computer) to your software ?
I would like this feature because today more and more programs open websites during setup and I'am tired to have to close the browser each time.
With this feature, I would like to switch to the "blank profile" before installing programs and switch back to the default browser of my choice after installing programs.
It would be useful too with GOTD software !
I don't know if it's possible to not have default browser on the computer, it's only an idea !  tongue

Sorry for my english, I'am french.

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 01:19:46 AM »

this is a good idea actually -- to be able to set a NO-DEFAULT browser, i will look into it.
genieautravail
Participant

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 08:34:19 AM »

Some news ???  tongue
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 06:33:33 AM »

not yet but maybe the best solution is to install a program like Browser Chooser and then use BrowserTraySwitch to memorize it as one of its known browsers.  Then you can switch to it when you want to be asked when a url opens.
genieautravail
Participant

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 07:00:07 AM »

Hi mouser,

I have perhaps a solution for no-default brower : Dud  smiley

What is Dud ?
Dud is a free executable that does absolutely nothing, you can found more infos and link to download Dud on this page http://www3.telus.net/_/dud/

Just drop Dud in the folder of BrowserTraySwitch and add a profile to set Dud as a browser !  tongue

If you make your own executable, don't forget to find a nice name and a nice icon for the exe... After all it will be a new brower on the market, a browser with an unique feature : does absolutely nothing  tongue

What do you thing about this ?  Grin
amisay
Participant

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 07:05:05 AM »

Hello mouser,

I would like to know if the bug with Opera 10 is fixed ?  undecided

Cheers
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 05:30:47 PM »

i havent updated BTS recently --i'll have to try it with Opera 10.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.031s | Server load: 0.08 ]