ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is the currently best Desktop Search software?

<< < (168/181) > >>

disenchanted:
I like DTSearch quite a bit except that the initial indexing takes several hours.
Plus you need lots of HDD space to store the index files produced by DTSearch.

But for speed of a search term look-up, it is almost instantaneous.

Fortunately I got a few copies of DTSearch a couple years ago, when it would sell on Ebay, in a retail box, for anywhere from
$25 to $65.
I haven't noticed it on Ebay in quite some time. Not sure if the DTSearch company requested that Ebay no longer accept seller listing for it or what.
I still keep perusing Ebay every month or so in hopes some seller will list a copy or two.

motiontwelve:
Does anyone know of any note taker/organizer software for windows that stores each note in individual files that are searchable and can be previewed by X1?

mojope:
Hi all

My current favorite is a tool called Exselo Desktop. They can handle all of my big documents, and is integrated with my Outlook in (for me) a natural manner.

Of course, it being blazing fast helps as well.

Download it from their web page and try for yourself: Exselo

Disclaimer: I am affiliated with Exselo

David.P:
> Download it from their web page and try for yourself

Download it from their web page and try for yourself:-mojope (Participant, Posts: 1) (August 21, 2015, 04:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

You sure that it is "their", not "your" web page?

mojope:
> Download it from their web page and try for yourself

Download it from their web page and try for yourself:-mojope (Participant, Posts: 1) (August 21, 2015, 04:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

You sure that it is "their", not "your" web page?
-David.P (August 21, 2015, 04:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

I am sure. Even though I know some of the people working in that company. I modified my post, and added a disclaimer so that there will be no misunderstanding as such.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version