ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is the currently best Desktop Search software?

<< < (134/181) > >>

PPLandry:
Why not buy it in Euro? I live in Canada and I normally do this. It gets converted by my credit card at a much better rate.

tranglos:
Any chance that Donation Coder can get a discount on Archivarius?
-cyberdiva (May 17, 2009, 08:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, I was hoping that perhaps a miracle would happen, but since it hasn't, I went to the Archivarius site to (gulp) purchase the software.  But when I clicked on one of the two payment venues, ShareIt, I was told that 29.95 euros would come to $45.62.  That seemed unduly high, so I clicked on the other venue, RegNow.  It told me I'd have to pay $46.70!  I then went to an assortment of conversion sites, all of which told me that I was being gouged by ShareIt and RegNow.  -cyberdiva (June 18, 2009, 12:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, they gouge you. Welcome to the club, and be grateful you don't need to pay 22% VAT (which you do if you're an EU resident.)

Typically, online shareware shops like ShareIt will indeed charge an undue amount for conversion. You don't need that though. You can choose to pay in the vendor's original currency (Euro, in this case), and your bank will convert the currency. There may still be a charge, depending on the bank, but it's likely to be much lower than what ShareIt et al want to take.

cyberdiva:
Thanks very much, PPlandry and tranglos, for the suggestion to pay in euros.  I confess that I never thought of doing that.  I'll definitely look into doing so, though I do wish I could find the program discounted somewhere.  Bits du Jour, perhaps, or, of course, Donation Coder. 

Innuendo:
I bought The Bat! (check the forum for a 50% discount code) at RegNow and paid in Euros. I saved $5-6 dollars off what RegNow wanted to charge me and my bank only charged a dollar or so to convert the currency. It was definitely worth doing it that way.

Innuendo:
I'll definitely look into doing so, though I do wish I could find the program discounted somewhere.  Bits du Jour, perhaps, or, of course, Donation Coder.-cyberdiva
--- End quote ---

Last time I scoured the internet looking for a discount code I think the best I could find was a $5-7 discount. Life's rough when you're a diva.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version