ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is the currently best Desktop Search software?

<< < (129/181) > >>

tranglos:
I did exactly what you said and it is not indexing *.py files at all. I am not sure if it is a limitation with trial version  or not
-kartal (May 12, 2009, 03:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Okay, that's strange. It's a well-known extension and should be included in the presets anyway. My suggestion would be to ask the author - the contact page is at http://www.likasoft.com/contacts.shtml

(Meanwhile, I'll check for *.py on my own system.)

tranglos:
-tranglos (May 12, 2009, 03:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Seems to work fine for me. I created an index of a library of *.py files from ActiveState Komodo Edit distribution. Archivarious appears to have indexed them and finds text in them correctly.

Do email the author, or possibly check other settings of your index (double-click an existing index). Perhaps you have an option set  (size, compression, language, etc.) that unintentionally excluded those files.

qforce:
DocFetcher 1.0 released. Comments are very welcome.  :Thmbsup:

New features:
- MS Office 2007 support
- Daemon with low cpu usage that watches indexed folders, but runs independently of DocFetcher
- Creating temporary indexes by rightclicking on folders in the file manager
- Portable version can be moved around complete with documents and indexes (i.e. DocFetcher + indexes + documents). You can even burn it on a CD-ROM!

kartal:
I did exactly what you said and it is not indexing *.py files at all. I am not sure if it is a limitation with trial version  or not
-kartal (May 12, 2009, 03:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
Okay, that's strange. It's a well-known extension and should be included in the presets anyway. My suggestion would be to ask the author - the contact page is at http://www.likasoft.com/contacts.shtml
-tranglos (May 12, 2009, 03:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi, thanks for testing it. Your test encouraged me to try one more time. I think that in custom template section I was choosing the wrong one(search except thing). Ok it is looking good however its hits were less than my Eclipse internal search. Eclipse hit the 81 for the same word, Archivarius hit only 21. What do you think about its searching features. I am hoping to find a tool that I can use like the way you are using, mainly an aid to my programming stuff.

Grorgy:
The trial is limited to only 10,000 files, so that may have something to do with it, if you perhaps have more of these files in other directories or whatever, just a thought, I know it took me a little time going through all the options to get it right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version