ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is the currently best Desktop Search software?

<< < (21/181) > >>

Darwin:
Anyone else who has updated to Archivarius 3.93 getting malware warnings about it from their AV? I'm using SpySweeper with AV, which uses Sophos under licence, and it identifies the Archivarius exe as a virus. I've reported this to Archivarius's author and am still trying to figure out how to report it to Sophos. I am confident that it is a false-positive, but wondered if I am alone or not!

Grorgy:
just downloaded and installed it Darwin, ran kaspersky on it as an individual scan on exe file and the whole directory.  No threats detected.

Grorgy:
I voted for locate, because its the general purpose all in one file folder finder for me, but i use archivarius for document i just know are there somewhere but cant remember the name but remember what they are about, gets quite a bit of use really  :-[

Armando:
I voted for locate, because its the general purpose all in one file folder finder for me, but i use archivarius for document i just know are there somewhere but cant remember the name but remember what they are about, gets quite a bit of use really  :-[
-Grorgy (October 13, 2007, 03:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

IMO, locate shouldn't be put in the same category as software like X1 or Archivarius. AFAICT, Locate doesn't index content at all. No?

Armando:
Darwin : I haven't installed the update yet. It's sitting on my hard drive. Maybe tonight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version