ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

[Freeware] Text Filter - portable, search-as-you-type text file viewer

<< < (5/8) > >>

sajman99:
musetips, have you considered supporting multiple text files?

If Text Filter could load more than a single file, then it could be utilized more like a search/grep tool. 8)

musetips:
musetips, have you considered supporting multiple text files?

If Text Filter could load more than a single file, then it could be utilized more like a search/grep tool. 8)
-sajman99 (October 28, 2010, 03:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

I considered a tabbed MDI (multiple document interface) scheme at the very beginning. This could add some versatility, but only at the cost of simplicity, one of the most critical objectives.

For now, I might as well keep it as simple as possible. The TODO list is pretty long.

sajman99:
OK, thanks for the info musetips. I can't blame you for keeping the emphasis on the simplicity of this software.

Looking forward to the development of Text Filter. :)

daddydave:
Do you plan any command line options? I tried for example from a command window "TextFilter.exe filename.ext" and it didn't seem to work. If you allow that, people could create shortcuts to TextFilter that opened up a specific file automatically, so you could have shortcuts to multiple files without cluttering up the simple interface.

musetips:
Do you plan any command line options? I tried for example from a command window "TextFilter.exe filename.ext" and it didn't seem to work. If you allow that, people could create shortcuts to TextFilter that opened up a specific file automatically, so you could have shortcuts to multiple files without cluttering up the simple interface.
-daddydave (November 01, 2010, 08:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is in the TODO list. Also, I plan to allow TF to run in a command line window.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version