topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:52 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: "White" Magic  (Read 6604 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
"White" Magic
« on: October 21, 2010, 08:38 PM »
http://www.telegraph...or-magic-spells.html

...Mr Zarza Manresa had been "shaved completely by Ibrahim (a rebel leader) who believes in magical fetishes made with hair and body hair of whites".

Gunmen from Congo's plethora of rebel and pro-government armed groups often adorn themselves with trinkets or traditional garments before heading into battle, in the belief that they will protect them from the bullets of the enemy.

Some believe wearing fetishes will turn bullets into water.

:o

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: "White" Magic
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 09:35 PM »
Some believe wearing fetishes will turn bullets into water
How do they feel about shelling?

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 02:05 AM »
On brief perusal the main item of interest was the guy being seized on April 1st. Was his name Dr. Livingston? I didn't notice.

I prefer the Thai movies where the dudes put rune tattoos on their chests with incantations that ward off bullets, knife wounds etc..  Also it's cool when they fight without touching each other.  Just teke fighting. Wave the hands and hit the opponent with a house, wagon, keg of beer.. whatever's handy.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 06:39 AM »
-cranioscopical (October 21, 2010, 09:35 PM)
Turns it into wine.

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 07:45 AM »
I liked the movie "Remo Williams" where the guy could dodge bullets.
Seems doable...lol...

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 09:59 AM »
Was his name Dr. Livingston?

That's a bit presumptious.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 03:51 PM »

Heh heh.  The dude probably would have said "Dr. Livingston I assume?" except he was really tired of hearing that make an ass out of you and me crap.  ;)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 04:26 PM »
I liked the movie "Remo Williams" where the guy could dodge bullets.
Seems doable...lol...

It's too bad I can't draw. I have this idea for a comic book character. He's an affable bumpkin semi-slob.  Also a bit IQ deprived.  Doesn't talk.. just smiles and chuckles.
All he really cares about is devouring chicken drumsticks and massive amounts of beer.

Anyway, as nearly always happens in comic books, a space craft with super advanced beings is on fly by.  They've heard a lot of stuff about Earth being wicked unruly.  So they chuck a few of these things that look like a black emptiness in the shape of a person.. 2 arms, 2 legs, a head, almost like a voodoo effigy but it sucks in all the light around it.. out the "window" as they are driving by.

Naturally our good natured moron encounters one of them.

Probably because he's totally lacking in aggression and power lust, the thing chooses him as host.  From then on we get to see the adventures of the moron as he hangs out in taverns, his table stacked with trays of drumsticks and pitchers of beer.  When any aggressive behavior is exhibited he quells the disturbance through the use of some new found ability.

The owner of each tavern is initially delighted to get a free bouncer who cannot be overcome or resisted. A quandary ensues as the cost of keeping the "free" bouncer supplied with drumsticks and beer starts to toll. This provides the impetus for our hero to move on to another establishment, thereby changing location every few episodes.

Anyway, one humorous scene I've thought of so far.. our hero is ensconced at his table engaging in his usual copious consumption when word arrives there's going to be a big gang fight out in the street.  He steps up to the bar and lifts a keg of beer with one hand, turns it up, knocks the tap off, and just guzzles the keg in about 20 seconds.  Then he steps outside.  The members of one gang are at one end of the street.  The opposing gang is moving closer from the other end.  We see our hero from the back and can tell from the characteristic motions, that he is opening his fly.  A gigantic gush of liquid similar to the output of a fire hose totally douses and washes away the members of one gang.  Seeing their foes crying is dismay as they are washed down the street by the force of the fluid, the opposing gangsters start to chortle, guffaw, laugh, chuckle and be otherwise rude.  Our hero looks over his shoulder at the other gang and proceeds to undo his belt and lower his trousers.  All of a sudden the laughing gangsters are silent as they realize their peril.  Needless to say they beat feet before our hero has to release his salvo.

You get the idea.  I haven't thought of a title for the story or name for the hero yet.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 07:26 PM »
-cranioscopical (October 21, 2010, 09:35 PM)
Turns it into wine.

Hahahah~! Good one!
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 08:07 AM »

Heh heh.  The dude probably would have said "Dr. Livingston I assume?" except he was really tired of hearing that make an ass out of you and me crap.  ;)

'nother good one :-)
Tom

mark1959

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 03:17 AM »
Did the spells work?

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2010, 11:55 AM »
Did the spells work?

In the Thai films I saw, yeah.  If you like Tony Jaa type action this one may be good to start:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0963915/

Some good teke fights in this flick.