ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Welcome to Hell... iHell that is...

<< < (2/9) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
Um... Using the typical 10" screened netbook price of $400 as a (starting) point of reference.

The new Air is on sale now in two versions: a 13.3-inch model costs $1,299 to $1,599, depending on the amount of memory, while the 11.6-inch product starts at $999.

“They priced it really aggressively,” said Shaw Wu, a technology analyst with Kaufman Bros. LP in San Francisco. He also advises buying Apple’s shares.
--- End quote ---

$1,000 for a device with an 11" screen is considered pricing something "aggressively"...Why?!? (Viciously maybe) ...What (Koolaid Soaked) turnip truck did this clown just fall off of?
-Stoic Joker (October 21, 2010, 07:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think the word "stupidly" would be better than aggresively

justice:
If you don't like it don't use it.

wraith808:
If you don't like it don't use it.
-justice (October 21, 2010, 07:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1

Deozaan:
As long as the store doesn't become the only officially sanctioned way to install software, and the store includes automatic updates for the installed apps, bring it on.-Lashiec (October 21, 2010, 05:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

I agree.

It actually sounds pretty cool to me. It's the way Linux does things (Ubuntu, at least) with the Software Center. And speaking of netbooks, have you ever tried to install something on a Netbook from a CD? It's kind of hard when there is no optical drive in the machine. A digital distribution center ala Steam for software would be great in cases like that.

Unfortunately, knowing Apple, they're most likely going to use it to lock the system down even further, which is bad. But since I don't use a Mac, I guess I don't really care that much.

40hz:
It actually sounds pretty cool to me. It's the way Linux does things (Ubuntu, at least) with the Software Center.
-Deozaan (October 21, 2010, 09:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

So...apple announces it wants to put a software repository behind a paywall?

Now that's "insanely great" innovation if I ever saw it.

Can't wait to see how long it will take for them to get a patent on some minor, niggling aspect of it - and then sue the developers of apt, Portage, and Synaptic for infringement.

;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version