ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Buying a new printer

<< < (5/5)

moerl:
They are! The initial price may be higher.. but on the laser printer I have now... I had ZERO maintenance costs for its entire life. I didn't have to replace my print toner ONCE. It lasted three years. You can't say that anyone could pull that off with a Pixma :)

Still, I've pretty much decided to get a Pixma. Just don't know whether to get a 760 or a 780. The inks are seperate so I'll be buying black ones more often but that's ok. I don't print TONS of papers ;). How much would a black ink cartridge for it be?

Mark0:
I know the thread is old, but I have to add something, with about 5 years of hindsight.

To this day, my old Canon Pixma MP750 have never failed to load a single sheet of paper!
In facts, when some weeks ago the printhead failed, I started to look around for a new all-in-one to buy. But in the end, I just got a new printhead from eBay, because I haven't found one that really convinced me (whithout being borderline overkill, like some multifunctions color laser units).
It just works well, don't make too much noise, scan & copy fast enough, the Win 7 drivers are very well done. I can scan 20 sheet of paper and produce a searchable PDF with no effort at all, without using any 3rd party software.

And the ink cartdriges are just stupid, chipless ink tanks, so I can buy 1 for about 1 Euro, as I have done for the last years!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version