topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 6:31 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Glowing web review of Logitech G930 wireless headset  (Read 9394 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Glowing web review of Logitech G930 wireless headset
« on: October 20, 2010, 07:25 PM »
This isn't something I have need for but it seems like something some of you might really like.

Recap
God I really love these cans. Darn near everything from their looks, to their comfort to their performance is simply better than the Logitech G35 and it was no slouch! Honestly, there are two main factors to why I prefer the Logitech G930s to my G35's. These two factors can be summed up in two phrases: "kickass hardware" and "kickass software".
The wireless feature of these cans is their major claim to fame. It works and it works well. I may not be a fond lover of built in batteries, that are not easily swapped out, but 9 hours of play time to a charge is pretty decent. More importantly, its 9 hours of CRYSTAL CLEAR sound and when you do need to plug them in, you can seamlessly transition from wireless to wired. The dual antennae setup of these cans are really impressive feats of engineering that works and is not mere marketing hype.
The other reason they are so good is the improved granular control the included software has to offer. Having the ability to tweak not only individual frequencies via the built in 10 channel equalizer but actually tweak all 7 + 1 virtual speakers is what takes these headphones to the next level. They may not provide audiophile grade sound, but it is the closest I have heard come out of a USB set of cans! More importantly, they are more enjoyable and more easy to use than some "audiophile" grade headphones.
All in all, if you are in the market of a new pair of USB based headphones the Logitech G930 wireless headphones should be on your short list. If you own a pair of G35s and want an even better all round experience be it gaming, movies or music than you too should think long and hard about upgrading to these bad boys. I highly recommend Logitech G930 wireless headset.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Glowing web review of Logitech G930 wireless headset
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 09:01 AM »
@mouser: Many thanks for the pointer.    :Thmbsup:
I've been looking for something like these for ages.
This earphone/mic headset looks pretty impressive - for gaming, music listening, or Skype use, for example.
And they are WIRELESS, good for up to approx 40' range, apparently. Though I have tried wireless (Bluetooth) headphone/mic sets before, they were absolute rubbish, and I've never seen anything like these Logitech jobs before. Not bad from the glowing review - I followed the link to read the detailed review. Wow.

UPDATE: I ran a comparison on the Logitech website, between the older G35 and the new G930 headsets.
            Apparently the G930 headset doesn't do stereo(?). How can that be?
            The G930 is not cheap either.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 09:25 AM by IainB »

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 09:34 AM »
They look great but they sure do cost a lot.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 10:06 AM »
Link to G35: http://www.everythin...g-headset-15909.html

Where do you see that the G930 doesn't do stereo -- certainly the review says/implies that it does?
Hmm the comparison page says what you say, no stereo on the G930.. i wonder if that is accurate:
http://www.logitech....=3&A4=4&A5=5

Time to look around and verify..
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 10:08 AM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 10:09 AM »
Well this is confusing, but from what i can see.. It doesn't support STEREO, but it does support true encoded surround sound.

So i take this to mean that listening to music, you won't get stereo.. but listening to digital surround sound in a game you will get better-than-stereo -- true surround sound with left right and front back separation.

That is really strange.. it would seem to me easy for them to use software to recode stereo into surround sound format when sending it to the headphones to reproduce stereo.. confusing..
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 10:12 AM by mouser »

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 10:19 AM »
According to the review mouser linked, the headphones are stereo but they emulate 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound.

* Deozaan shrugs.