topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:21 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: PDAdb.net's PDA Chooser  (Read 4608 times)

daddydave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • test
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
PDAdb.net's PDA Chooser
« on: October 16, 2010, 09:54 PM »

You can easily find the perfect mobile device with PDAchooser too. The PDAchooser is the simplified variant of PDAmaster and it is optimzed for quick and efficient device searching. It provides less features but easier usage and clearer user interface than PDAmaster. You can also compare the results after the query.

Screenshot - 10_16_2010 , 10_50_28 PM.jpg

Lost this site for a while, and just found it again after a few days. Helpful in searching for PDA's or smartphones within certain specifications such as screen resolution.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Re: PDAdb.net's PDA Chooser
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 10:43 PM »
Sweet Jesus! The number of options are immense! And...

The PDAchooser is the simplified variant of PDAmaster and it is optimzed for quick and efficient device searching.

That's the SIMPLE version?

Yikes... Looking at PDAmaster... It's SCARY~!
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

steeladept

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: PDAdb.net's PDA Chooser
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 11:26 PM »
Almost unusable.  By the time you know what half the options are, you already know what you want.  Like I know the various versions of CDMA or GSM.  All I know is I want it to work on the Verizon Network, or the AT&T network or whatever.  This is definitely not made to make choosing any easier. :down:

Oh, and as for the features - MAYBE I know what OS version I want, if it is one of the biggies, and maybe I know I want this or that, but what someone really needs is this depth with an understanding of what FEATURES are useful for, not what features are there.  Just because a phone has support for Bluetooth 38.6 doesn't mean the carrier will support it, nor does it mean that my phone will sync with my headset.  All I really need to know is does it support bluetooth.  If a specific version is that important to you, then you can drill down to it on the small subset of phones.  They don't need to force you to decide it is either irrelivant or choose every friggin type just to make sure you have that support - but then again, it would overfilter because not every system supports every version!  It is a lose/lose. :mad:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 11:31 PM by steeladept »