ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

BatchFTP

<< < (3/4) > >>

superboyac:
Good one, patteo!  That certainly is worth thinking about.  I guess the only benefit of a dedicated ftp client is the power to do a lot ftp specific stuff.  I don't do a lot of ftping, so maybe someone else can answer, but I imagine that there's a good reason to use ftp specific software that allows you to do much more than just the typical file operations.  But, for simple users like myself, I can see webdrive as very useful.

allen:
Cool idea, but man is that pricey!

I know in winXP you can just open a folder/IE to an ftp site and do your FTP'ing from there -- but you can't chmod.  How about in webdrive?  You might have to write a mini-review for it.

-- If you really want to go simple, superboy, you could always use good old fashioned start -> run -> ftp; no chmod there, either though.

superboyac:
-- If you really want to go simple, superboy, you could always use good old fashioned start -> run -> ftp; no chmod there, either though.
-allen (April 06, 2006, 01:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

haha!  I'm simple, but not that simple!  That's funny...i do that, and I'm left with a screen that says nothing more than "ftp>".  minimalism at it's best.

allen:
type o <servername>
It'll prompt for user/pasword
ls
> files are shown
cd <directory>
> go to <directory>
lcd <directory>
> go to <directory> on local machine
put <filename>
> uploads <filename> to current <directory>
get <filename>
> downloads <filename>

Etc :)

Mark007:
I gave it a shot, and it seemed very promising. I needed something that would download only php files. However, I felt my air vent and the air coming out was HOT. I checked, and it was using 93% of my CPU time while indexing directories. I stopped the process right away...Have you ever experienced a problem like that?

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version