ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Texting on the rise

<< < (5/7) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
I am 100% positive, I receive read and received reports for all the SMS that I send.

Some phones do not respond to the "Read Report" request, but all of them send back the received report. (Helpful for knowing if the end-user has thier phone on, and how long the message took to reach its destination)

Renegade:
I am 100% positive, I receive read and received reports for all the SMS that I send.

Some phones do not respond to the "Read Report" request, but all of them send back the received report. (Helpful for knowing if the end-user has thier phone on, and how long the message took to reach its destination)
-Stephen66515 (October 16, 2010, 06:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

That makes sense.

The length to reach the recipient is also something I've noticed. I've had SMS messages (to and from) delayed by minutes, hours, and more.

But is the "Received Report" based on the carrier receiving it (server) or the person's phone receiving it (client)? For email, it's the server.

KynloStephen66515:
It is sent directly from the recipitants phone (client), and I am unsure whether phone companies outside the UK support these options.

erikts:
Erm, 3000/month is more than possible

My current mobile plan offers me 3000 SMS per month...i usually breach this limit
-Stephen66515 (October 15, 2010, 11:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

I pay 7 cent per day (opt-in) to get SMS package that allows a maximum of 100000 SMS sent per day. Receiving SMS is free. Very cheap.  :)

Renegade:
Erm, 3000/month is more than possible

My current mobile plan offers me 3000 SMS per month...i usually breach this limit
-Stephen66515 (October 15, 2010, 11:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

I pay 7 cent per day (opt-in) to get SMS package that allows a maximum of 100000 SMS sent per day. Receiving SMS is free. Very cheap.  :)
-erikts (October 16, 2010, 07:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

WOW~! That's like a spammers dream!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version