ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Bvckup

<< < (10/18) > >>

apankrat:
I will do it... just need to figure out the UI bit.

Armando:

@Perry Mowbray / apankrat : Of course, this (postpone deletion) would be only complementary as it doesn't replace versioning, at all. It was only a solution for unwanted deletions for those who, for some reasons wouldn't want versioning but still keep some control over what gets deleted or not.

Another solution is to allow the user to insert some file/directory masks to indicate for what files/folders should the program should always ask for deletion confirmation (not renaming or moving, of course...).

Perry Mowbray:
@Perry Mowbray / apankrat : Of course, this (postpone deletion) would be only complementary as it doesn't replace versioning, at all. It was only a solution for unwanted deletions for those who, for some reasons wouldn't want versioning but still keep some control over what gets deleted or not.-Armando (October 18, 2010, 07:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, sorry: I was being tongue-in-cheek... being keen on a versioning option, the more issues it addresses increases the likelyhood of implementation. Though I'm very heartened by this...
I will do it... just need to figure out the UI bit.
-apankrat (October 18, 2010, 07:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Personally I'd be happy with the time versioned copies to exist in sub directories of the backup job parent (with a limit on the number kept)... which'd mean if you ever stop versioning that old versions would remain, etc.

Another solution is to allow the user to insert some file/directory masks to indicate for what files/folders should the program should always ask for deletion confirmation (not renaming or moving, of course...).
-Armando (October 18, 2010, 07:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

That could also be done on a per backup job basis (though not as powerful), which would make the backup jobs more readable in some ways (you'd get more little jobs rather than one big one with different file masks for the settings  :-\??)

andhar:
I came across a little problem:
Some of my project folders have a directory called ".bmx". At the same time the project files (which are in the same directory like the ".bmx" subdir) do have the extension *.bmx. I only want to backup all of these bmx-files but not the ".bmx"-subfolder. How can I set up bvckup to do this?

apankrat:
@andhar - add an exclusion filter for .bmx and then add an inclusion filter for *.bmx after (below) it. Filters are scanned from top to the bottom and first one will match the folder, but not the files, and second will match the files only.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version