ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Bvckup

<< < (6/18) > >>

jaden:
@apankrat "Across remote machines" - do you mean that you would have a UI here, but the actual backup process will run over there? If so, then this is very closely related to running Bvckup as a service. Latter requires splitting Bvckup into the UI process and the engine process (service), and making them talk to each other. Once the split is done (the hardest part), they can technically talk to each other over a TCP connection, so it should be simple to run the UI on a separate box.

However, see the quote in my reply to MerleOne above. There is a principal matter of needlessly complicating the program to make it do something that is useful to a fraction of its user base.
--- End quote ---

I'm suggesting the ability to sync a folder on different machines that aren't (necessarily) on the same LAN.  For instance, I have 50GB of music on all my machines.  I use Microsoft's Live Sync on 4 different machines but it's going away soon and the next version isn't XP-compatible.

Armando:
If anyone's interested, I have reworked the opening post of this thread into a Tell Me More page on the program's website. Had to tone it down a bit though...
-apankrat (October 16, 2010, 03:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think it's excellent. If I find anything to say, I'll post it here... :)

sajman99:
I only have one questions: how do you pronounce the name?  :D "bvackup"? "bee-vee-cup"?
-Nod5 (October 15, 2010, 01:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

I thought it would simply be pronounced as 'Backup' - that the 'v' is just like an upside-down 'A'
-tomos (October 16, 2010, 07:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think the upside down v is the Greek letter delta. So "bee-delta-cup"...uh maybe not. :-\

@apankrat: thanks for the details on the config files. You might consider making the "Configuration and Logging folder" movable via the GUI itself. Right now there's only the Open button but perhaps Browse, Move etc. would be much more convenient for the average computer user.

KynloStephen66515:
Going to be testing this utility over the next few hours as I need to transfer a lot of files over to my wifes laptop and also my backup drives and onto one of my VPS's

Hopefully this will be a great little utility and I will be reviewing my time spent on it.

My initial review will be available in the Mini-Review section here on DC within the next 24 hours.

Armando:
Going to be testing this utility over the next few hours as I need to transfer a lot of files over to my wifes laptop and also my backup drives and onto one of my VPS's

Hopefully this will be a great little utility and I will be reviewing my time spent on it.

My initial review will be available in the Mini-Review section here on DC within the next 24 hours.
-Stephen66515 (October 16, 2010, 03:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Cool ! Don't forget that it's in beta and so some features are missing...  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version