Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 20, 2014, 11:36:07 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: How to quickly autonumber text lists?  (Read 9534 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2010, 04:35:13 PM »

In my current build, I have those two edit controls set to insert a tab character when the tab key is used.  However, you will lose the ability to tab out of that control to the next one.  Make sense?

or just support the standard \t for tab and \n for newline
superboyac
Charter Member

Is your software in my list?

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2010, 05:27:03 PM »

In my current build, I have those two edit controls set to insert a tab character when the tab key is used.  However, you will lose the ability to tab out of that control to the next one.  Make sense?

or just support the standard \t for tab and \n for newline
I had no idea about those "standards".  Thanks!  I've run into so many situations where I've wanted to enter characters to indicate new lines and tabs and have given up.

cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2010, 05:46:36 PM »

Also, names for this application are welcome.  It's been a while, Cranioscopical...what say you?  =]

I can't argue with this:

Quote from: superboyac
I actually really like "List Numberer"
  smiley

Chris
skwire
Charter Member

Another Coding Snack request? Om nom nom...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2010, 08:05:21 PM »

I had no idea about those "standards".  Thanks!  I've run into so many situations where I've wanted to enter characters to indicate new lines and tabs and have given up.

Well, they're pretty much standards when it comes to code, regex, etc.  You can't just slap a "\t" in any edit field and expect a tab character to happen.   cheesy  Anyway, please redownload the zip file.  This version will let you use "\t" to insert tab characters and "\n" to insert newlines.  Let me know how it works out for you.  Thanks.   smiley

List Numberer download
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 08:09:00 PM by skwire » Logged

skwire
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2010, 08:53:55 AM »

Also, this latest version should save your settings between sessions.

superboyac
Charter Member

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2010, 11:29:56 AM »

skwire, this is an amazing tool you've made.  Thanks so much.  I'm using it right now at work and it is working wonderfully.  I owe you one.

skwire
Charter Member

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2010, 11:49:43 AM »

Great to hear; I'm glad it's working for you.  Thanks for the feedback.  I think I'm going to submit this as a NANY.

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2010, 11:59:25 AM »

I suspect that for many coders, especially those like skwire, a really nice public thank you like this is more satisfying and rewarding than a donation..

BUT that won't stop me from reminding everyone that the DonationCredit system we implemented makes it possible for you to send people on the forum some donations easily, and that we should all remember to use it as a way of supporting coders whose work we like.

So when you see someone like skwire do these wonderful coding snacks, don't forget to click on the gold coin under his name and send him some of your donation credits, and make sure to specify a nice message when you do to encourage them and let them know how much they are appreciated here!

skwire
Charter Member

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2011, 04:03:43 PM »

Website | Download
v1.0.8 - 2011-10-03
    + Added Unicode compatibility for Windows XP and later.  You may need
      to delete your config.ini file if the prefix and suffix don't appear
      to be saving properly.
    * Changed the copy-to-clipboard method to better handle various text
      editors.
    ! The \n and \r tokens weren't working properly in all cases.

skwire
Charter Member

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2011, 07:53:59 AM »

Website | Download
v1.0.9 - 2011-10-05
    ! Fixed a trailing carriage return issue.  (Thanks, Alex)

nkormanik
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2012, 05:32:59 PM »

Can ListNumberer work from the command line?

Would be nice to set it up in a process chain so that, say, 'zero-padding' a folder of files (with titles numbered 1.txt through 1000.txt) is a single 'double-click' operation.

Presto.  It's done.

Thanks Skwire.
skwire
Charter Member

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2012, 06:49:02 PM »

Can ListNumberer work from the command line?

No, it cannot.

Would be nice to set it up in a process chain so that, say, 'zero-padding' a folder of files (with titles numbered 1.txt through 1000.txt) is a single 'double-click' operation.

Hmmm...List Numberer is not a file renamer.  If you're looking to easily renumber files like that, take a look at one of my favourite renamer applications called, oddly enough, ReNamer.  You can easily set up a ruleset that will do what you want like this:

kalos

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2012, 04:37:55 AM »

try this!

http://textmechanic.com/
superboyac
Charter Member

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2012, 12:00:49 PM »

Last two posts by kalos and skwire... thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Renamer is awesome!
Textmechanic..yeah!

I love tools like these.

skwire
Charter Member

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2012, 12:21:10 PM »

I really like ReNamer because it lets you set up separate renaming "steps" and then save them all as a preset to easily use over and over.  Good stuff.

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.037s | Server load: 0.01 ]