ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to quickly autonumber text lists?

<< < (6/8) > >>

mouser:
In my current build, I have those two edit controls set to insert a tab character when the tab key is used.  However, you will lose the ability to tab out of that control to the next one.  Make sense?
--- End quote ---

or just support the standard \t for tab and \n for newline

superboyac:
In my current build, I have those two edit controls set to insert a tab character when the tab key is used.  However, you will lose the ability to tab out of that control to the next one.  Make sense?
--- End quote ---

or just support the standard \t for tab and \n for newline
-mouser (October 25, 2010, 04:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
I had no idea about those "standards".  Thanks!  I've run into so many situations where I've wanted to enter characters to indicate new lines and tabs and have given up.

cranioscopical:
Also, names for this application are welcome.  It's been a while, Cranioscopical...what say you?  =]
-skwire (October 22, 2010, 11:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can't argue with this:

I actually really like "List Numberer"-superboyac
--- End quote ---
  :)

skwire:
I had no idea about those "standards".  Thanks!  I've run into so many situations where I've wanted to enter characters to indicate new lines and tabs and have given up.-superboyac (October 25, 2010, 05:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, they're pretty much standards when it comes to code, regex, etc.  You can't just slap a "\t" in any edit field and expect a tab character to happen.   :D  Anyway, please redownload the zip file.  This version will let you use "\t" to insert tab characters and "\n" to insert newlines.  Let me know how it works out for you.  Thanks.   :)

List Numberer download

skwire:
Also, this latest version should save your settings between sessions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version