ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to quickly autonumber text lists?

<< < (5/8) > >>

superboyac:
 ;D ;D
Oh my goodness!  Thanks so much for posting that.  I've always wondered how the process went.  And it was funny as hell.

skwire, thanks so much for doing this, I wish I could repay you somehow.

Sorry I haven't been keeping up.  I'm spending a week on vacation at my university and I'm using the time to work on other academic/business projects.

skwire:
I thought you might all appreciate this conversation from the chat channel, to give you a fly-on-the-wall view of how real software development takes place and how software evolves:-mouser (October 19, 2010, 05:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

...and you guys thought it was all planned and orderly...    :P

skwire:
Give this a whirl, superboyac:  List Numberer download

Currently, it does not save any settings.  This release is more to see if this is what you had in mind...consider this a beta NANY entry.  =]  Anyway, play with it and let me know what you think.  Also, names for this application are welcome.  It's been a while, Cranioscopical...what say you?  =]

superboyac:
skwire, this program is excellent.  Thanks for doing it, that was very nice of you.  I think it works very well.  My only comment is how to add a 'Tab' character in the prefix or suffix?  I'm guessing it can be done with a unicode character, but I can't find it.  Since the tab character is fairly common, I would suggest you add a button that will conveniently add the tab character to the fields (prefix/suffix).

As for the name, I actually really like "List Numberer".  It's clear and has a little charm to it.  When I get home, I'll look for an icon for it and send it to you, and you can use it in place of the ahk icon, if you like.

skwire:
My only comment is how to add a 'Tab' character in the prefix or suffix?-superboyac (October 25, 2010, 03:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

In my current build, I have those two edit controls set to insert a tab character when the tab key is used.  However, you will lose the ability to tab out of that control to the next one.  Make sense?

As for the name, I actually really like "List Numberer".  It's clear and has a little charm to it.  When I get home, I'll look for an icon for it and send it to you, and you can use it in place of the ahk icon, if you like.-superboyac (October 25, 2010, 03:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't worry about the icon since this is a preview/beta build.  I'm going to submit it as a NANY app and will dress it up then with my typical Skwire Empire stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version