ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I have a very hard announcement to make

<< < (2/8) > >>

Renegade:
I'm really sorry to hear that.

You've contributed so much, and I know that I for one have appreciated having you as company.

It's always hard to walk away from something like this. Failure to reach goals can be crushing.

In 2003 I had a catastrophic failure that sent me into financial and personal ruin. I lost everything I had, including my relationship at the time, and went brutally into debt to top it off. I had no place to live. I was half way around the planet from family. I had just enough borrowed money to quickly get a roof over my head.

For me it was abrupt and sudden, and not a gradual realization. So I can kind of understand how you feel.

What kept me going was simply putting it all behind me and pushing forward, determined to start over again and get back on my feet.

I hustled and managed to create a position at a company for myself. Which was fortunate, as I was desperate. But over time I managed to get back on my feet. It took a long time though as I was in debt. I had 2 "celebrations": 1) when my debt levels dropped down to my cash-in-hand level, and 2) when my debt was actually paid off.

The whole time I had that catastrophe casting a shadow over me, and the only thing I could do was to set it aside, put it in a box, and not think about it.

I don't know if my little story will be meaningful for you. I don't know if it will help in any way.

I hope that you can stand tall and carry on to get accomplished what you need to. I wish you all the best going forward.

Perry Mowbray:
I'm very sad to hear the pain in your post, and very sorry to hear the finality, but hopefully it doesn't mean a total withdrawl from DC -- you're presence here has been very important and appreciated by me.

Commercial success is a very fickle thing, most successes can be tracked back to good luck rather than good management... so I wouldn't worry too much, but lost dreams are always painful.

I really hope with a rest and a break that what you obviously once enjoyed can become good fun again.

All the best for your coming decisions!!

tomos:

+ 1 for what everyone else has said,
and App, I hope things get easier for you now you've made this decision

Crush:
App, thank you for all you´ve done for this community.
Your financial situation should always have the highest priority compared to time consuming projects like NANY. The fun on coding always depends on how excessive you spend time with it with a mind free of problems and sometimes everybody needs to take a break to not lose the interest completely. I had some pauses for up to several years from it - after this I recovered the fun with programming again and restarted all activities. I really wish you´ll get all fixed in your life and would be very happy to see you returning some day.

techidave:
I agree with all the things everyone else has said.  I wish you the best and may God Bless You!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version