ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

EditPad Pro 7 - released

<< < (10/13) > >>

phitsc:
One that was just announced on here for a DC special that I use a lot is e.  It's definitely not your standard text editor, but once you get into using it, you really see the power of it.
-wraith808 (November 04, 2010, 11:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's one of those editors that I never tried out because the information at the web site isn't enough to warrant downloading the trial. I need to see screenshots and more details before I download a trial. (I hate when sites only have screencasts.)
-Renegade (May 18, 2011, 10:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have used e every now and then since I won a license here on DC. It has some cool and unique features (Bundles, Command mode, show whitespace under selection, store unnamed files in session, and more). I've made a whole list of stuff comparing it with Notepad++ with the goal of posting it here in the e review topic. Unfortunately, I can't find it any more :(

Anyway, I can remember the two main points turning me off of e:

* stability problems. I had many crashes, leading to a situation where e wouldn't start any more until you deleted its configuration.
* the forums indicate total lack of support (the project seems dead)

Tuxman:
Bundles... soooo unique.

wraith808:
^ I think the point is that they aren't unique, but are the same as textmate, so you can use the established textmate bundles.  I haven't had any problems with stability, so I'm not sure if that's an interaction with anything else.

Tuxman:
Is there any bundle-capable editor that doesn't support TextMate's format?

phitsc:
Which other text editor running on Windows does support TextMate bundles?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version