ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

True Launch Bar v5.0

<< < (5/6) > >>

Darwin:
Am I the only who, since Windows 7, has found themselves not really needing this tool anymore? I used to have this installed with XP and Vista, but Win7 makes things so much easier I find myself rarely using this despite owning two licenses.
-Josh (October 22, 2010, 09:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nope, you're not alone, Josh. I actually installed TLB 5 under Win 7 to see if I had any need of it, and I still don't, so I uninstalled it again. Between Vista and Win 7, many of the third party applications that I used to run to "tweak" mu UI experience in windows have been made redundant. I no longer use a file/application launcher, Konfabulator/Yahoo widgets, TrueLaunchBar, or PSTray Factory, to name but a few, have all been relegated to either electronic archiving or to my wife's XP machine.

In some ways, this reminds me of the sea-change that occurred with I made the move from Windows 3.x to Win95/98 and beyond: I used a LOT of shareware to extend Windows (long file names, shell extensions, etc.) that I simply had no use for when Win95 came out. Funny, I tend to celebrate MS for incorporating good ideas from the shareware world into new versions of Windows, but excoriate Apple for doing it (e.g. I thought is was NOT cricket when Apple incorporated widgets into Tiger and left Konfabulator high and dry)  :-[ How embarrassing to be exposed as a hypocrite... but then, in the past MS has actually bought the company/technology where Apple tends to reverse engineer the idea and stiff the original developer (or is that my bias coming to the fore again?).

Curt:
True Launch Bar 5.2, January 07, 2011

http://www.truelaunchbar.com/
http://majorgeeks.com/True_Launch_Bar_d224.html

J-Mac:
I find TrueLaunchBar to be indispensible under XP and Vista. Under Win 7 I no longer have any need of it as I have grown to love the new taskbar.

-Darwin (October 12, 2010, 11:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

How does the Win 7 taskbar take the place of TLB, which is commonly used as a launcher? I have a few programs pinned on my taskbar in Win 7 but not nearly enough to be that useful. For launching I mostly use FARR and Launchbar Commander.

Thanks!

Jim

Curt:
Today, Friday 3'rd of June 2011, for another 22 hours: $9.95 instead of $19.90:
True Launch Bar PC Software with a 50% off Discount Coupon Code - A Better Launch Bar

http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/true-launch-bar/

Darwin:
I find TrueLaunchBar to be indispensible under XP and Vista. Under Win 7 I no longer have any need of it as I have grown to love the new taskbar.

-Darwin (October 12, 2010, 11:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

How does the Win 7 taskbar take the place of TLB, which is commonly used as a launcher? I have a few programs pinned on my taskbar in Win 7 but not nearly enough to be that useful. For launching I mostly use FARR and Launchbar Commander.

Thanks!

Jim
-J-Mac (January 09, 2011, 09:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry, Jim - I've been visiting DC infrequently (work and other committments) for the past year and missed your reply and question. To answer it, I just use the start menu's search field as a launcher - I hit the windows key and start typing and what I want shows up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version