ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google testing cars that drive themselves...

<< < (2/4) > >>

Mark0:
Here another couple of links / video I have collected when discussing about this on another (Italian) car forum.

The New York Times - Google Cars Drive Themselves, in Traffic

YouTube - Google auto driving car
YouTube - ABC News gets taken for a spin in Google's self-driving Toyota Prius

A thing that give some perspective: every year there are about 1.200.000 deaths on the roads.
Accidents with severe injuries would probably be an enourmous number.
Make one thinks that there's a good probability that a bunch of computers can do a better job, in the not so distant future...

Mark0:
- duplicated -

Perry Mowbray:
But it is certainly very interesting, and I really hope that this stuff pans out well. It would save me a lot of stress and curse words while I drive. :)
-Renegade (October 11, 2010, 07:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

As I was explaining it to my brother over the weekend... it would also be extremely beneficial to people who could not normally drive because of some handicap (my brother has 3 down syndrome sons, and their transportation is a constant issue because public transport does not go everywhere they need to...). Similar to another project Google's recently funded: The Shweeb -- on the Shweeb even blind people would be able to cycle to work and even people not able to cycle would be able to be pushed along without extra effort!!

kyrathaba:
It's amazing what sort of world our children will be living in, when they get to be our age!

KynloStephen66515:
what happens if a pidgeon empties its bowels on the screen, directly in front of the camera?

Might seem daft, but its a reasonable question.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version