ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How much soda (pop) do you drink?

<< < (3/11) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Pure cane sugar vs. HFC isn't really the issue, going through a case of the stuff (regardless of what it's sweetened with) a day is the issue. Anything in moderation is fine. I usually have a Coke with lunch and I may or may not have 1 or 2 in the evening. Usually I just drink water as it's generally what the body is actually after...and it's free.

If NYC wants to ban something, they should ban those (the-new-cocaine) energy drinks. Slamming those things by the dozen can't be good for you ... Unless your objective is to burn-out by the age of 35.

Shades:
Since I am dating my girlfriend I just drink water and eat healthier smaller portions, dropping 20 kilos after 8 months.

Everybody in the South Americas is acquainted with Tereré (cold) or Maté (hot). Both are a mix of (medicinal) herbs for taste and water (cold in summer, hot in winter).

The herbs go into a special cup, which is in turn filled up with water. A special kind of metal/silver straw with filter is then used to drink the water. Very healthy. Maybe NYC should lobby to get this stuff to the United States.

Stoic Joker:
Since I am dating my girlfriend I just drink water and eat healthier smaller portions, dropping 20 kilos after 8 months.-Shades (October 10, 2010, 12:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

As apposed to the 3 Big Mac's, 2 large fries, and a small diet Coke form of "dieting". It has always astonished me to no end how the bloody obvious manages to escape so many people.
 :Thmbsup: Good job man! :Thmbsup:

Renegade:
Since I am dating my girlfriend I just drink water and eat healthier smaller portions, dropping 20 kilos after 8 months.

Everybody in the South Americas is acquainted with Tereré (cold) or Maté (hot). Both are a mix of (medicinal) herbs for taste and water (cold in summer, hot in winter).

The herbs go into a special cup, which is in turn filled up with water. A special kind of metal/silver straw with filter is then used to drink the water. Very healthy. Maybe NYC should lobby to get this stuff to the United States.
-Shades (October 10, 2010, 12:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

20 kg? WOW~!

That's amazing!

I remember meeting a friend that I'd not seen for a few years in 2002 or so. He had been quite overweight, but not grotesquely so. When I saw him in 2002 he was rail thin. I thought he had gotten sick. He answered that the only thing that changed was that he'd turned on to green tea and was drinking about 20 cups a day.

Your medicinal herb story really isn't very surprising for me. But it certainly reaffirms a few things for me.

But the straw is a surprise. Does it really have an affect? Would a normal one not be as effective? Could you post a picture of one?

tomos:
But the straw is a surprise. Does it really have an affect? Would a normal one not be as effective? Could you post a picture of one?
-Renegade (October 10, 2010, 03:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

I seen one of them just the other day in someone's cutlery drawer (no pics though!)
At the end it was closed off with little holes to let the tea through, but keep the tea leaves out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version