ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

if proxy connection works - who is blocking me: my ISP or the server?

<< < (9/13) > >>

4wd:
I want to let you know that our system administrators reviewed your traceroute logs and explained that they are absolutely normal, there is nothing strange. They explained that for other networks (ourside of our office) it is normal to have time outs after our MLSes, right after this line:
OH-MLS1-609.Te-9-2.opentransfer.com (98.130.213.18) [AS32392 {Ecommerce}]
That's why please re-check this issue from your side once again, make sure that there are no problems in your network, contact your ISP to investigate it from their side as well.
--- End quote ---
-timns (October 11, 2010, 11:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

It always makes me glad that they refer to themselves as 'administrators', (which has connotations more towards management), if they were technicians I'd be ashamed - plus they wouldn't last 10 minutes in a real job.

Honestly, does that really explain why it works from Australia?

EDIT: Then again, every dog and his man seems to think they're a technician these days: eg. Hair Technician.

Sorry if you refer to yourself as a System Administrator.  :P

Renegade:
Sigh...

if proxy connection works - who is blocking me: my ISP or the server?

I just don't know HOW this stuff gets so screwed up!

If anyone has any clues, please speak up.

Renegade:
My wife just got the same 403 there, and I'm getting the normal Facebook. She hit CTRL + F5 and it's back to normal. Facebook is just bizarre.

nudone:
Can you configure the DNS in the router?
-Carol Haynes (October 11, 2010, 05:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, that's using the router dns settings. I haven't changed anything on any of the computers connected to the router, i.e. the computers don't have any specific dns settings.

I suppose I really will have to try another router. I was just trying to avoid that because of all the faffing about that'll be involved.

Carol Haynes:
I suppose you checked the router firewall logs?

Have you tried factory resetting the router and setting it up from scratch?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version