ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Minecraft - An Incredible Indie Game

<< < (7/15) > >>

f0dder:
This was in the changelog for 1.21.1 (Nov 5):

* Attempted to fix the portal dupe bug where you could exit through a different (new) one than the one you entered through.-http://notch.tumblr.com/post/1486843146/minecraft-alpha-1-2-1-minecraft-server-0-2-3
--- End quote ---

So it should be mostly fixed, but I think he's still working on it.
-Deozaan (November 10, 2010, 09:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hope so - because nether portals acted VERY strange when I played with them, resulting in 5+ portals appearing on my map after going back and forth a couple of times O_o.

I guess the game didn't "link" portals, but creates/uses based on world coordinates, and there is/was some fsckup in this.

Deozaan:
Just posting to say that the multiplayer server has been updated and now health works. So now monsters in multiplayer are possible (and enabled by default, mind you).

There are bugs. It's not perfect.

Protip: Make sure you don't have your difficulty set to Peaceful (in multiplayer) or else monsters will be invisible, but they can still hurt/kill you.

Deozaan:
Minecraft will be entering Beta phase on December 20th, at which point the price will increase to 15 Euros (from 10). If you've been interested all this time but still haven't purchased, now is the time!

Oh, and this is important:

We will also change the license to remove the line that promises all future versions of the game for free. Please note that this change only affects people who buy the game after December 20, so if you got the game for during alpha, you will still get all future updates for free, despite this change. A promise is a promise.
Buying the game during beta will include all updates up until release, of course, and bug patches will be free.-http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2175441966/minecraft-beta-december-20-2010
--- End quote ---

So it's really important to buy now if you think you'd be interested, otherwise you may have to pay for expansions.

Notch clarified on Twitter:
Anyway, buying during beta = get everything up to and including release version for free. Expansions might cost.-http://twitter.com/notch/status/13682437074718720
--- End quote ---

Eóin:
A promise is a promise
--- End quote ---

Now that's integrity!

Deozaan:
So one of the features added (somewhat) recently was the ability to use custom graphics packs. I've just been using a customized Painterly Pack (slightly modified in an image editor for personal taste).

But this one takes the cake for creativity:

The only catch is that it uses higher resolution textures than Minecraft natively supports, so you have to patch MC to enable the "HD" textures.

ScribbleCraft Texture Pack

And speaking of the Painterly Pack, they've just released a Christmas Themed texture pack.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version