ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Minecraft - An Incredible Indie Game

<< < (5/15) > >>

f0dder:
Purchased the game a couple of weeks ago, because frankly it's worth it. Great fun. I sometimes feel a bit like the dwarves that made the Moria mine... I dug too deep!

As far as i know, there is even someone who build the 1701-D (Star Trek fanatics know what I am talking about) in it...on true scale!  :Thmbsup:-Shades (October 05, 2010, 04:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
Didn't actually build it, but exported a pre-made schematic to minecraft level format... it would've been insane to hand-build that ship :)

Plus then you can maximize it for near full-screen gameplay. :)
-Deozaan (October 07, 2010, 09:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
Protip: F11 is your friend ;)
-Dirhael (October 07, 2010, 07:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ooooooh, didn't know that! :D

As for machine specs, yeah, it is a bit on the heavy end. On my (lower-end) dualcore laptop with intel graphics, I have to set lighting model to simple and turn down visibility some notches. It's a very different engine than what all other 3D games use, so it's not fair to compare; HL2 and the likes might be a lot prettier, but their levels are 99% static, whereas minecraft is 100% dynamic. There's a lot of data being pushed around.

Deozaan:
The Halloween update is live! And it sure is scary (in the Nether).

Protip: Never, ever, EVER attack the zombie pig-men in the Nether.

f0dder:
How do you get to the Nether? By "digging too deep"? Also, I thought torches were going to burn out, but, so far, the torches I placed before the update don't?

Deozaan:
How do you get to the Nether? By "digging too deep"? Also, I thought torches were going to burn out, but, so far, the torches I placed before the update don't?
-f0dder (October 31, 2010, 03:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Torches being burned out didn't make it into the update.

You have to build a portal to the Nether. Basically you need to create a 4x5 "doorway" with Obsidian (but you can leave the outer corners off) and then use flint & steel iron to start it on fire.

http://minecraft.net/boo

The blue text is supposed to be pointing at "Scare other players online!" rather than "carve pumpkins."

Minecraft - An Incredible Indie Game

wreckedcarzz:
Protip: Never, ever, EVER attack the zombie pig-men in the Nether.
-Deozaan (October 30, 2010, 05:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Unless you like assisted suicide ... or tricking friends into doing it and watching them freak out and panic as they try every method available to survive... only to fail :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version