ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Minecraft - An Incredible Indie Game

<< < (3/15) > >>

Bamse:
May be why developer has been in US and talk with Steam/Valve? :)

One of the things I picked up from watching streams at JTV, usually there are 2-3 doing Minecraft http://www.justin.tv/directory/gaming

Deozaan:
May be why developer has been in US and talk with Steam/Valve? :)
-Bamse (October 06, 2010, 05:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

According to one of the articles Wraith linked to, Notch turned down the job offers from Valve and other companies.

Bamse:
Yes, he is making own company but have also said that he hopefully got a foot in the door. According to JTV gamers ;) He probably refer to selling the game not them taking over though. But who knows. If he suck at getting company running, server mess becomes worse, no time for updating (what gamers complain about) he know who has shown interest. Still only alpha status.

Deozaan:
Still only alpha status.-Bamse (October 06, 2010, 07:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Supposedly the "only" thing keeping it from becoming Beta is that the multiplayer server doesn't have all the features implemented and is still buggy. I don't remember where I read that, I think it was on Notch's blog, but I can't (quickly) find it so it may have been in the comments or maybe I imagined it. It might have been in a recent podcast, too.

Anyway, I believe he said (in the podcast) that he expects the beta to be ready before the end of the year. And with the Halloween update it certainly looks like it's getting closer.

I, too, was starting to get a bit disappointed in the lack of updates recently, but the Halloween update announcement has gotten me really excited.

Deozaan:
I just rediscovered this fan-made trailer for the game, and put it into the original post.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version