ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Minecraft - An Incredible Indie Game

<< < (2/15) > >>

Deozaan:
I'm just quoting from what was said in the interview.  Maybe it was an average, which would (I think) be going down by now?
-wraith808 (October 05, 2010, 09:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't mean to be nitpicky, but what you wrote wasn't in quotes and you didn't mention an interview. That said, I'm not trying to argue about it. I think I made myself clear previously that I didn't doubt what you said was true--at some point in time--but it doesn't seem to be the case as of now.

mrHappy:
1.  Someone made a working ALU in Minecraft (and is working on making a whole CPU)
-wraith808 (October 05, 2010, 03:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

wraith808:
I'm just quoting from what was said in the interview.  Maybe it was an average, which would (I think) be going down by now?
-wraith808 (October 05, 2010, 09:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't mean to be nitpicky, but what you wrote wasn't in quotes and you didn't mention an interview. That said, I'm not trying to argue about it. I think I made myself clear previously that I didn't doubt what you said was true--at some point in time--but it doesn't seem to be the case as of now.
-Deozaan (October 05, 2010, 10:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Which is why I mentioned it after the fact... sorry if it made it confusing.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/41097/Minecraft-creator-earning-350k-a-day

but apparently someone made the same observation as you did

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20101004/02172611272/minecraft-s-developer-making-350-000-per-day.shtml

Though who knows?  All I know is that it is a success story contrary to what the industry shills say, and that was my only point.

Deozaan:
Though who knows?  All I know is that it is a success story contrary to what the industry shills say, and that was my only point.
-wraith808 (October 06, 2010, 06:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's a very good point and I'm sorry I detracted from it by shifting the focus of this thread away from it. It's extremely interesting to see a game with such a low budget, a small "team" and not even fully developed yet become such a great success. A 30% conversion rate seems incredible to me.

wraith808:
I've actually seen quite a few success stories that get marginalized because of the fact that they are not overwhelming successes.  This one, however, can't readily be ignored...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version