ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's a good way to embed video/audio in a pdf-like transferable document?

(1/2) > >>

superboyac:
What is a good way to transmit a document over the internet to someone that is like pdf except I can also embed video and audio.  All in one neat package.  Meaning, I want to be able to write some text, and then have a video inserted in the middle of the text where I really want it to be.  Kind of like a portable web page.  I know a lot of our normal document packages support embedding video but they are problematic usually.  I don't want to get into the details of all the problems, but I'd like to hear some suggestions.

barney:
Don't know of anything that will meet your needs from a desktop level. 

If a Web-based solution is viable for your purposes, you might take a look at http://wrttn.in/. 

Haven't tried it, since I'm allergic to Web services :o, but the reviews I've seen look pretty good.

It creates a HTML page with video embedded via oEmbed, so the video would have to be accessible on the Web, a hindrance that may obviate its usefulness as applied to your needs.

Curt:
Must it be a genuine video with music, or can it be just a gif animation with speech audio? If the latter, Microsoft HTML Help Workshop will do.

superboyac:
Haven't tried it, since I'm allergic to Web services
-barney (October 04, 2010, 10:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
me too.

I think pdf can do it if the video is converted to flash.  I'm going to give it a try.

katykaty:
pdf with embedded flash, or as a regular html page saved as .mht

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version