ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Firefox Stability Issues

<< < (4/5) > >>

4wd:
I have heard something about Mozilla using an SQL database that fills up over time and causes issues like this. Don’t know if that is real or bs though.-J-Mac (October 11, 2010, 10:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

CCleaner can optionally compact the SQL databases of Firefox if you let it.  Don't know if that will help you.

Renegade:
I have heard something about Mozilla using an SQL database that fills up over time and causes issues like this. Don’t know if that is real or bs though.-J-Mac (October 11, 2010, 10:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

CCleaner can optionally compact the SQL databases of Firefox if you let it.  Don't know if that will help you.
 (see attachment in previous post)
-4wd (October 11, 2010, 10:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

That can't be the problem as this machine is pretty new. Like 2 months old or so.

Thanks for the recommendation though. I'll keep it in my renegade mind. :)

4wd:
--- End quote ---

CCleaner can optionally compact the SQL databases of Firefox if you let it.  Don't know if that will help you.
 (see attachment in previous post)
-4wd (October 11, 2010, 10:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

That can't be the problem as this machine is pretty new. Like 2 months old or so.

Thanks for the recommendation though. I'll keep it in my renegade mind. :)
-Renegade (October 11, 2010, 10:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

There's also:  VACUUM Places
Which is based on: Speedup Firefox with VACUUM

Might only work on 3.x though.

EDIT: Improved version here.

4wd:
Well, so far Minefield 4.0b8pre x86 seems to be running stable on my W7HP x64 machine - no CTDs, no Not Responding.

Long may it continue.

Renegade:
FF has been behaving very well for the last week. No crashes. Dunno.  :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version