ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Check Gmail using C#

(1/8) > >>

kyrathaba:
I've scoured the web for several days, looking for code allowing me to check my Gmail account programmatically in an application written in C#.  Found lots of examples (most pointing back to the OpenPop library), but no working examples -- and haven't been able to hack together my own working example either.

I have the same luck when I try to find actual working C# code to upload a file to a website directory using C#.  So any help in that regard would also be much appreciated.

wraith808:
I uploaded a simple FTP class to snipplr that might help.  You can find it at http://snipplr.com/view/16451/simpleftp-class/.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Carol Haynes:
If you use labels and filters in your GMail account you will need to use IMAP to access all of your mail. POP will only grab things that are labelled 'inbox'.

kyrathaba:
Thank you both for your help.

Wraith, can the snippet be downloaded without the line numbers?  And do you have a short snippet showing the class in use?  For example, say I want to download ...

ftp://mysite.com/myfile.jpg

to C:/localFile.jpg

username="myName"

password="myPass"

Could you snow me a snippet that will do that?  I know I must seem dense (probably AM), but it just helps.

Carol, thanks for the tip about POP; didn't know that.

Eóin:
Following on from Carol's suggestion to use IMAP, you should find the info and links in this StackOverflow question very helpful- Accessing Imap in C#?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version